Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm still in.... looking forward to it

T~

Not going to be able to make it, but HB is going to be nuts this weekend between the nice weather and the holiday on Tuesday. I hope you all have a great ride and I'm looking forward to the next one. That would be great if we could do the 67 mile route before Cool Breeze Pam!

Pam, I'll let you know for sure by tomorrow morning. Thanks for all your efforts.

Nina

You guys start thinking of another date and let's set up the metric ride. I would hate for Jess' work to go to waste!

Anyone interested out there in doing and setting up a San Diego ride. With this hot weather would be a nice place to ride.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

BC68 knows how to do the whole Amtrak thing - which would re-create part of the Amtrak Century route. If she doesn't want to organize it; I'll get the info from her. I think she parked in San Diego and road to San Clemente; although I think I'd rather do it reversed.

Trac'

ps. I'm off to take an exam tomorrow... please everyone, cross your fingers!

Tracy - Best of luck on your exam. I'm sure you'll do just fine!!

Nina

Thanks Nina! I'll need all the help I can get its a toughie though so I figure if I have to take it again, at least I've had practice!!!

Hope you can come Saturday!

Tracy

tracy.... you are gonna ACE that exam!

Good luck Tracy! You'll do great

Awwwww... thanks everyone! Keep those thoughts coming tomorrow okay?

Trac'

Good luck tomorrow!
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Your biggest challenge isn't someone else.
    It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs and the voice inside that yells "CAN'T".
    But you don't listen. You just push harder.
    And then you hear the voice whisper "CAN".
    And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
    Author Unknown

I'm in! Sorry for the late response. I'll see you ladies tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh - I'm out

Arrgh! Turns out it's not weather or lack of confidence that will keep me out -- unfortunately, I'm not going to have a car. My ride tomorrow is going to be home from the car repair place.

I"ll look forward to meeting you all another time.

Hi Pam,

My husband and I are in. I am also e-mailing you.

Nina

OK cool we will have a nice little group. Looks like Tracy, Nina, Nina's husband (I need to get his name again sorry!) and ACG. Cindi you would have done fine. Never to worry. Maybe next time. Or organize something up your way.

OK Gang... be prepared for some hill climbing. I will bring all the route options (some very flat) to the park and we can look them over but my preference is to do the 45 miler which includes about 2000' of climbing, most right in the beginning and then Newport Coast. A good test for our legs. I will be slow and so most likely sweeping. You get to follow Wayne's nice rear view and his friend Mike up the hills. The first trek is through some beautiful country roads (yes even in Orange County) and consists of 4 signicant climbs. The first and steepest, is very short, the next just grindy but on that cool country road, the 3rd long, and the 4th, well, you are tired from the first 3. If everyone is done with hills we can cut out the 4th (thankfully everything is negotiable and changeable).

PS - not trying to scare anyone off. I'm a horrible hill climber and if I can do them so can you. I would say all the climbs are very doable even Newport Coast. On top of Newport Coast you will have the most magnificant views - well worth the climb!

So looks like we have about 7 - 8 people. I'll be there early. Bring plenty of water (although there will be places to stop and get replenishment) and snacks.
    Last edited by bcipam; 06-30-2006 at 11:31 AM.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl