Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsh
    crank brothers candy c....their pink!!!
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Your biggest challenge isn't someone else.
    It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs and the voice inside that yells "CAN'T".
    But you don't listen. You just push harder.
    And then you hear the voice whisper "CAN".
    And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
    Author Unknown

I have Speedplay X5's, too. My knees really like them.

I have Crank Brothers Quattros -- they're great!

Pictures of the Speedplay X5s. Tiny, huh? They are effortless to get out of.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike070206.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	1009

Compared to Shimano Ultegra (600s).

Name:	pedals1.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	1010

The cleats.

Name:	pedals2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	1011

get a 2nd pair of shoes

SPD pedals on my mtb, with a resin platform so I can use the bike with regular shoes for short trips.

Look KeOs on my road bike. I used SPD pedals for 2-3 months before getting these, while I saved up for road shoes and pedals. I love Look's big platform and my feet feel much better on the really long rides than they did with SPD's. Road shoes are just better suited for... road cycling.

I'd say get another pair of shoes for spinning. Better to take good care of your road shoes anyway. You can get inexpensive SPD shoes that you can use to walk around. There are some really gorgeous Louis Garneaus here on the TE site.

~Cari

Just switched to Looks on my road bike and Love them so far. I still have SPDs on my winter commute which I will probably keep since the MTB shoes that fit the SPDs are bigger - and will accomodate heavier socks! I'd say go with cheapie shoes for spin class and stick with the Looks, as long as that's what you like.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"