Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Exclamation Don't Get Distracted!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Everyone!

Well, I learned my lesson last night!

Ben & I were enjoying a ride on a local pathway. It was pretty busy at the time we got there - 7:15pm.

The weather was good. We've had so much rain out here lately that there were a lot of bugs out - (I think I swallowed a few--ICK!!)

I was having a much easier & better time shifting, too - thanks to Melissam. She did a great job of explaining it to me . I was able to pedal much more efficiently, and that really helped me a lot!!

Anyway, things were going great -- I was MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE with my new PI shorts & shirt!! I stayed soooooooooooo much drier & didn't have to worry about my shorts (or shirt) riding up.

At around mile 6.5, I heard loud voices on my left & saw (out of my peripheral vision) the flashing lights on a fire truck & a crowd of people gathered together.

So, I looked to my left (off & on) and saw what appeared to be a fight going on. My bike went just off the pavement & onto the wet & muddy grass. When I tried to turn my wheel a bit to the left, to get onto the pavement again, I didn't make it & crashed onto the pavement. I am very thankful that no one was behind me!!

I learned a very, very good lesson. And that is:

PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT I'M DOING, NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

I banged my elbow & leg up pretty good. I will not take my eyes off the road ever again. An accident can happen in a split second & things could have been so much worse. I am grateful!

Have a peaceful day & safe riding!

Denise
    Last edited by Denise223; 06-17-2006 at 09:56 AM.

Whoa Denise... so pleased you are ok...

After the tradgedy that hit our club this last week it is almost a blessing to hear of others who have crashed with minimal damage and hear them reflect on how it has raised their awareness

I take it your bike survived ok? And with grazes and bruises you will back on straight away. Best possible scenario

Ride hard, ride strong, ride safe
    RR

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Hi RR!

Thanks for stopping by! I read your post from the other day about Vincent and though I didn't respond, my heart went out to his family members and also the members of your bike club. Such a tragedy!

My bike did survive -- I'm just very happy that no one was behind me, or else things could have been much worse. I am very grateful!

Have a wonderful evening!

Denise

Glad to hear you're ok Denise and that it didn't end up being too serious. I have any hard falls yet - that will probably happen once I get my clipless pedals...