Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheeky

Cheeky

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone watching the Vuelta? Yesterday they made reference to a bunch of the boys taking off their kit and posing for a Spanish magazine to distract the press from the talk of drugs and team woes.

Naturally I went on the hunt for the photo.

Here's a link. But don't say I didn't warn ya! They are "nekkid" and man are they skinny!

http://www.zetainterviu.com/rp10.asp?i_c=18744

CAN YOU SAY "DOG-***-UGLY" ON A FORUM?

Talking

I guess so!

i CAN confim they're nekkid!

oooh, lawd, they are skinny!! gotta love that biker's tan... (usually i don't gawk at naked 'net photos, but once won't kill me )
    I used to dream about ice cream, Antonio Banderas, and daquiris on the beach. Now, i dream about fresh pavement...

Damn, I'm at work and I don't think the 5th grader's parents would appreciate hearing any stories of me looking at naked men (no matter how ugly) during class--although they probably wouldn't care to hear that I'm checking out the discussion group here while my kids silent read either I am intrigued though...maybe later

Eeeeeekkk - truely horrific! If I was a guy i don't think I ' d want the world to know that it only took a carbon fibre breakleaver to cover my... self!

I read about the stunt on cyclingnews but they didn't show the photo. ( for obvious reason!) Where/ how did you find it Veronica?

I think the idea was to try and boost a bit of interest in Spanish cycling. It's going through a tough time at the moment with a lot of key sponsors pulling out. ONCE who've been around for years are ending their sponsorship this year, as are Banesto. Hopefully some new sponsors will come forward to replace these, otherwise there's going to be a lot Spanish guys without a ride for next year.

I'm obviously eating more food than them. LOL Way too skinny.

Mighty Mitre

I found out what magazine did it from a reference on the Daily peloton site that my hubby saw. I did a google search on the magazine and found the pic. They're skinny, but man can they climb fast. Two of the guys in the pic (Sevilla and Valvarde) were on a tear yesterday. They ended yesterday's 150 K (or so) ride on a mountain with a 30 K climb, average gradient of 5% with spots as high as 10%. Those two just kept attacking. It was amazing.

I'd like to be a better climber - but clearly I'm not skinny enough.

Veronica

I finally got home and checked it out. Wow, skinny is right! I think it's funny because a friend of mine who races is always talking about how he wants to lose weight so he can be faster, but he's already practically skin and bones. Anyway, I emailed him to say-- this is why you shouldn't want to lose anymore weight- it's gross how skinny these guys are. To which he replied, grossly beautiful in my eyes...hmmm, I'll never get the racer mentality But to each their own.

Off topic

Hey Tinkerbell,

You teach 5th grade too huh. How many students do you have? I have 29. We're just about to go off track (we're a year round school) so I'm in the midst of report cards and conferences. I do often check TE when my kids are working.

Veronica

PS Since I started this thread, I figure it's okay to digress a little.

Yikes! Now that IS skinny.

Hey Veronica,

Yep, 5th grade too! I teach in Minneapolis at a public inner city school and I have 28 kids right now, but our population tends to be very transient, so you never know how many you'll have. All I know is that all but about 5 of my kids are below grade level in Math and Reading and so having 28 and trying to catch everyone up (meet everyone's needs) seems impossible at times. I won't get on my soapbox too much, but if education were really a priority in this country we'd spend a little more money to make sure class sizes remained on the small side (between 20 and 25 kids.) Even adding one, two, three more kids to a room can make a big difference to class dynamics and your ability to meet everyone's needs! Anyway, Minneapolis has been cutting teachers left and right (I've been laid off the past 2 years-even though I'm a tenured teacher, although luckily always called back) and they are losing/disenfranchising (is that the right word? How can a teacher not have a dictionary in her house?! ) many dedicated and qualified teachers as they fumble their way through dealing with the budget crunch...I hope your district does a better job handling staffing issues

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who takes a break to check out what's going on here during the school day! I'll stop feeling guilty about it now

Wow, year round school...we have a couple of those here in my area, but honestly it probably doesn't hold the same draw as it does in California, because we have only about 4 good months of weather a year (unless you like cold and snow- which I personally do not, even though I've lived here my whole life) and that's during the summer break, so we'd hate to give any of it up by going to school year round It would be nice to have more frequent breaks though!! I'm already counting down to our first day off--Oct 16th I think

Good luck with the rest of your year, enjoy your well deserved break!!

Kristin

In our area (South Carolina), a lot of the teachers seem to want year around school but not the parents. I really enjoy my summers with my son (daughter's in college now) and they've already cut them down to 2 months! Plus, he goes to sailing camp for a month -- so it's nice that he's able to do that and spend a month with me also.

I really admire teachers. I do volunteer work at school somewhat frequently & I just am amazed at the calm they mantain with so much action going on. LOL

Talking

"All I know is that all but about 5 of my kids are below grade level in Math and Reading and so having 28 and trying to ...meet everyone's needs seems impossible at times."

This could be a math problem: Sevilla and Valvarde ended yesterday's 150 K ride on a mountain with a 30 K climb, average gradient of 5% with spots as high as 10%. If Sevilla has 5% body fat and Valvarde has 5.75 % body fat how much more wattage would Valvarde have to....

TREK420~my Mom's a retired reading therapist, teachers are so important and undervalued

Ok ok I had to look

I guess since I tend to date racers the skinnny arms and funky tans don't look so bad to me! At least they all have shaved legs...hairy legs = icky.