Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm a lifetime WW member from way long ago -- and have gained all the weight back (though it took several years).

The last time I seriously attempted weight loss was using the Zone Diet, and I loved the way I felt on it but eventually started wanting to slip in too many of the things that made me fat to begin with (of course).

A friend of mine managed to combine the two by selecting low-glycemic carbs on WW instead of pasta, popcorn, other stuff they allow. Eating sufficient good proteins and good fats (olives, nuts, avacados instead of fake butter), etc. She has had GREAT results by taking what she knew about food chemistry from the Zone and adapting it to the WW program.

My point is, just because you're doing WW points doesn't mean you have to use their food choices. With some study and/or experimentation you may find foods that last longer. (That's actually what the Zone Diet was based on -- keeping your insulin level throughout the day and avoiding those foods that spike and then drop, leaving you ready to eat everything in sight!)

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

So I just joined WW cuz I know I have nasty eating habits. I realized I was not eating enough veggies and fruit. So there is one plus. My weight has not really changed since I started cycling, but my dress size has. It has gotten smaller.

I worry about getting enough good carbs to eat to balance my cycling. After reading this thread I may need to re-evaluate how I count my points.

I never actually joined WW, but I got the charts and the points calculator from a friend. What I have says that at my weight: 147-150 I can eat 23-28 points a day plus one extra point for every 20 minutes of exercise.

A few years ago, using this system, I lost about 8 pounds. During a highly stressful time, I gained it back. Now I'm trying it again.

I've found that 28 is too low a baseline for me. I need at least 30 per day. Also, if my exercise is low intensity I add 1 point/20 min. If it's higher intensity, I use 1 1/2 points. This way I don't get too hungry and pig out on the wrong thing.

I've lost 2 pounds so far doing this.

I see it's not the new way that WW works, but it works for me. *fingers crossed*