Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Give Sardinia a go!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I spent a week in sardinia in january and I can't believe what a gem it was! The north is all mountains, all climbable (pretty much long gradual climbs), with fantastic views, brand new roads (thanks, European Union), and no traffic. I covered 80 miles one daw and saw three cars. Even in January it was mild (if a bit chilly at night). Cliffside roads, a big valley in the middle of the island to give you rest days, good food, fantastic ruins and castles, and cheap too! get there from London on easyjet for £30 ($50). Forget Mallorca and Tenerife for spring training, go to Sardinia!

Sounds lovely; but how much did it cost to get your bike there?

£15 extra on easy jet...but I have heard rumours that easy jet can be a bit iffy about bikes if the flight's full. There's lots of bike shops in the cities, especially in the south, so there's plenty of places to get spares etc. In the mountains in the north though it's very remote and you'd want to take enough kit to get you home from any of the usual mishaps, but what drivers I saw always waved to me and I'm sure you could flag down help if you needed it. I was on my own on the bike (although I had emergency support back at the b & bs) and I felt quite safe and comfortable. I think there's some mountain bike resorts there as well (I saw lots of signs for trails); if you were into that you could probably hire something over there. By the way, if you do plan a trip, and you want to ride the northwest coast road (which is truly spectacular!), go north on it. The road is stuck to the cliffside and you'd want to be on the inside!

Quote Originally Posted by summer
    By the way, if you do plan a trip, and you want to ride the northwest coast road (which is truly spectacular!), go north on it. The road is stuck to the cliffside and you'd want to be on the inside!

I get the picture! you are making Sardegna sound fun (except for the cliffs)

It's definitely on our list of destinations.

go-sardinia cycling tours : go to Sardinia

Hi

I can recommend sardinia for cycling we went there last spring and it was beautiful. The scenery was amazing and the temparature was just right(we went at the begging of may) Didnt want to risk bikes with Easyjet so we booked up through one of the sardinian bike companies....there area few of them on this web page in the mountain biking section

HTML Code:
     <a href="http://www.go-sardinia.com/"> Go-Sardinia</a>

We chose an organised tour but its possible to do solo tours....only we dont speak the language!