Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Anyone attending Pedrosfest 2006

To disable ads, please log-in.

Greetings fellow mt bikers,

Is any one going to attend Pedrosfest 2006 in Lanesboro, MA July 28-30? The entry fee includes onsite camping.

www.pedrosfest.com/2006/ here is the url

Me Me Me!!!!

Hi,
    How cool...yes, my husband and I will be there...and I think some of our other mt biking friends are coming too.

We should try to meet!!!!

Yea!!!!!

Ruth

Pedrosfest 2006

Ruth,

It would be fun to meet, i am going solo. R U camping?

Joanne

Yo Jo......

yes we are camping....ground dwellers to the core....my husband just said to tell you that you will recognize me right away...I will be the one with the bike...
    Sense of humor, that is why we have been married so long.

Anyway, when we get closer, send out a reminder and we can give some info on how to find each other.

I am really excited. I want to test drive some new bikes, take a clinic or two, maybe ride in the marathon....

Ruth

Pedro Fest

I am def. interesting in going to this. I have always wanted to go but not by myself.

I am wondering, however, how much of a boozefest it is, what with the preponderance of youthful males.
    Crediamo in te, bici!

boozefest

We caught a chat online about just this topic, and the directors said that they are promoting this to be a family friendly event, and people looking for boozefest should go elsewhere.
    They are very sensitive to the town of Lansboro, and they do not want to spoil the vibe.

Pedros festival

I am going Solo, its a fun time there is something for everybody.

There are a lot of couples going to Pedros festival as well as families. If you don't want to be in the middle of everything you can get a motel room about 1 mile from the festival.

I did the first year but I felt as though I missed the spirit of everything. I plan to go and camp by myself. You are welcome to pitch your tent in close proximitry if you would like.

I am meeting lots of people through nemba and from coyote hill mt bike camp and will be camping.

I hope this helps.

Joanne

Coyote Hill

Joanne,

How was the camp this weekend? We are planning on going in August. I really need to work on skills!!!

Linda

Thumbs up Coyote Hill

Linda,

Coyote Hill was an exceptional experience, Tom & Gabbi went out of there way to guide, cook, instruct and entertain us.

There was four adult campers , the clinic can accommodate 8. We watched videos and talked about technique in the evening, we had bike fittings and Tom taught us how to fit, adjust and tweak our bikes.

We worked on balance, moving dismouts and mounts, obstacles, jumps for those inclined, and technique: single and double track through the Green mountains of Vermont. You push your self as hard as you want, and then some. I learned to ride over rocks,gravel, roots, mud, small streams and large puddles,

The group branched off for moderate to high technical and regrouped. I went up and down trails that I would never attempt if I was alone or on a group ride.

I will return in the fall it is well worth the experience.

Joanne
    Last edited by Imperfectstorm; 06-19-2006 at 05:56 PM.

Sounds great!! Just what I need to build some more confidence. Let me know if you want to get together and do any riding. I won't be going to Pedrosfest, but would like to hook up with any other New England riders. I live on the Cape and am willing to travel up toward Boston or southern New Hampshire too.

Linda

Pedrosfest is comeing soon anyone going?

Greetings mt bikers,

anyone attending the 2006 Pedrosfest? They even have events for roadies.

Where? When?

Pedros Fest July 28-30

Robyn,

It is in Lansboro MA, near Tanglewood and Broadie Mt. If the weather holds out I will be driving solo,none of my friends want to go.

There is a road ride everyday as well at mtb stuff. I plan to bring both bikes.

Joanne