Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I think those pics are great! I feel self conscious in my bike gear, too. That just comes from low self esteem (years of being over weight will do that to you!) But, you know.......the people teasing me about the clothes I am wearing are the ones sitting back, watching tv and hardening their arteries as we speak! haha! I think I've said this before here, but I've recently lost about 40# and I am going to do what ever I want to do, when I want to do it! I have a new attitude! hah!

I haven't done a ride like that yet. I am still too new to cycling. I did a timed ride last week, though. I rode 13.75 miles in about 55 minutes. I was pleased (especially because I had to ride a hilly road for about 4 miles.)

I am very proud of you and your sister for finishing the ride. I wish someone in my family would ride with me!

Kim in TN

Good job on your timed ride!

I just started riding a few months ago -- the MS150 was kind of grueling at times, but I was pleasantly surprised that I made it to the end. You should check and see if there is one in your area & when the date is -- you could plan ahead for the next one. It's so much fun! My sister isn't a regular cycler -- she just thought it would be fun to give this a try. It would be nice to have a trainer partner with equal skills (or a little better to push me!).