Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

OK, that's better

To disable ads, please log-in.

I went for a 45 min run this morning. Probably 2/3 run, 1/3 walk. Covered 3.2 miles. Thanks again for the encouragement and information last week, when I went for a run while still recovering from that stomach bug.

Today my legs felt GREAT. It was my heart and lungs that said, "walk now". It is such a beautiful day. About 65 degrees, bright and sunny, everything green, blooming, shiny.

The point about depleting my glycogen stores when I was puking really hit home. Impressive. I'm laughing, because I have a bachelor's and master's degree in science, I "know" this stuff about glycogen, etc, but you don't really know it until you experience it a mile away from home with no money in your pocket!

Now to build the heart and lung stuff back up. Onward! L.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Glad your run was much better this time around.
    Sometimes the heart and lungs just won't cooperate, but maybe they were just forcing you to slow down a little and enjoy the beautiful day outside. We sometimes forget the beauty that is around us when we're so focused on time/mileage (and the WE I speak of is referring to me specifically).

Your next run will be even better than this one!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike