Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by pooks
    Right now I'm doing short rides two or three times a day. Is there anything wrong with that, rather than pushing on and doing more at one time?
    I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but there are definitely benefits to riding longer rides: you have some time to warm-up (and to turn your body into fat-burning endurance mode, if that's something you need), you get your body parts (including those you sit on) used to staying longer in the saddle, and you build mental endurance.

But if you like that and it fits your schedule, why not?

Thanks, Grog -- I definitely need to get into fat-burning mode. Thanks for pointing that out.

Fortunately tonight my husband led the way and took us on a fairly flat ride (2.1 miles). I could have kept going but it was getting dark (plus he had just mowed the lawn in 95 degree heat and I barely convinced him to ride at all). But now that I see that particular route, I think I can double it next week w/o too much prob.

Also, I'll be able to ride farther when I have an odometer, I'm pretty sure. Just seeing how far I've gone and getting into that "just a little further" mode will motivate me.