Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luna for Men?

Question Luna for Men?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was doing a trail in our area and came across a man who was having a rather hard time. He really bonked out. I offered him my extra bottle of water and my Luna Bar. He took the water but looked offended that I offered him my Luna Bar. I guess that I didnt realize that it is formulated with women in mind but really? Was that the wrong thing to do? It isnt like he was gonna sprout breasts with one bar. I explained that it was the only food I had and then he did take it. Did I really offend him? He is kinda cute with a nice butt and I do see him on that trail from time to time.....

Definitely not the wrong thing to do!

And although the bar was made with women in mind, there are plenty of men out there who like them too. Yes, they contain nutrients (like soy protein, folic acid, and vitamins) that are helpful to woment - but I can't see anything in them that a guy shouldn't eat too.

You did the right thing.
    --- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Do real men eat Luna Bars...or quiche?

Yeah, and next time you see him you can tell him you like that he's "confident enough in his masculinity to eat a Luna Bar"

Yet another reason to bring extra snacks, you never know who you're gonna meet.

:: surfs off to stash another Luna Bar in the bag::
    Last edited by Trek420; 06-11-2006 at 03:46 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Step one: next time you see him congratulate him on his masculinity regarding foodstuffs

Step two: offer him some manly bar (I think there's a Clif called "Builders" or something... very manly) you have strategically placed in your bike bag

Hold off on telling him he has a cute butt until after you've reached the post-ride coffee stage.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

That's funny. What a tool.

A large number of my male climbing friends enjoy Luna bars. Heck, they just taste a lot better than regular Clif bars.

I mean, it's not like they're going to make you grow boobs or anything (I can attest to that, unfortunately).

Also, has anyone tried the Clif Nectar bars? Oh my GOD the Cranberry/Apricot/Walnut bar is to die for. It tastes like fruit roll-ups times a thousand.

K.

BF buys Luna Bars by the box. I don't really like them that much.

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

My husband has no problem with Luna bars (or any other "girl" bars) and he's pretty darned "manly"!

We went riding yesterday with a few friends (all male - I was the token female AND the LEADER, leaving them in the dust! ) and they had never even heard of Luna bars, except for my husband. Of course, once they tasted it, they were hooked (one even read the wrapper, "just in case"). I like them better than Power Bars, which make me gag. It's a personal taste issue, but really, they won't turn "girly" by eating one and the alternative is, well, WORSE!

Do any of us think we'll grow facial hair just because something is formulated for men? Heck, no, food is food!

People can be so funny!

Lorie, who is a girly biker and PROUD of it!

Thanks Ladies

I thought I left the macho men behind when I stoped riding Harleys.
    Hopefully I will see him again next weekend and I can ask him how it went.
    Just checking out with the "biker girls" ediquette squad here.
    I dont post much I just read cuz you all read my mind
    Thanks for your help. I will let you know how the quest for the cute butt goes..

Lol

My former climbing partners ONLY ate Luna bars when we used to climb together. I used to bust hi stones all the time about turning in to a girl...hey then maybe he could climb like a girl...ya know, better.....

Ruth

You know, my grandfather used to offer me cowboy-style coffee (if it can't float an axehead, it's too weak), telling me "It'll put hair on your chest." This seemed wrong. I'm a girl. I don't drink coffee to this day, and my chest has remained blissfully hair-free. (My dad did the same with Elder Daughter - she is chest-hair and coffee free, too )

So, maybe the Luna Bars will take hair OFF chests - or maybe legs? Hmmm
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

My bf and his friends like to tease about Luna bars being girly food. In fact, I think it's one of their favorite running jokes. But, I know that if I offered bf a Luna bar without the wrapper he'd scarf it down and ask for more. He's more of a chocolate fiend than I am!

I'm thinking we need special manly denim, tweed, fauxe leather Luna bar wrappers for the men-folk to haul their secret Luna Bar stash in.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

This is so funny, I would not have guessed that men were afraid of Luna bars. What about men born in the sign of Cancer, for whom the "planet" in their sun sign is the moon? I am a Cancer, and I can't stand Luna bars. Waaay too sweet.

I like the Lara bars, and the new Cliff Nectar bars. The Mojo bars are also good. Even all of those are a tad too sweet for me sometimes. I feel like--if you want a brownie, get the best darned brownie there is. While exerting myself, I always want salt.

Can you imagine? Wouldn't that be a great story? Cute butt rider guy and janet get together, and he tells the tale later..."I secretly loved Luna bars, but was afraid this gorgeous woman would think I wasn't man enough for her if she knew that..." and then they laugh adorably and ride off into the sunset. Let us know if anything remotely like that happens, 'k? L.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Stealth Luna bar for Cute-Butt guy:

Denude the Luna bar.
    Put it in a zippy-bag.
    Take it on your ride.

Instant joy. No manly embarrassment.

My favorite bars: Clif Nectar/Lara Bars, Paydays.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmyt
    I mean, it's not like they're going to make you grow boobs or anything (I can attest to that, unfortunately).

K.

HAHAHAH - me too!!!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes