Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Best ride ever!

Hybrid View

Talking Best ride ever!

Every year my sister and I try to ride the Waves to Wine bike ride in Santa Rosa to benefit the National MS Society. For those of you not familiar with it the ride is 2 days through the hills around Calistoga and Santa Rosa. We do 50 miles each day (some hardy souls do 100 miles each day!). This year we were determined to make this our best ride ever so we have been training like madwomen...climbing every mountain we could find in the Santa Cruz Mountains (there are a lot of them, by the way). The ride was this last weekend and it was fantastic! We climbed like champs all of the way to the end even though on Saturday it was in the high 90's. We're both in our 50's and there's nothing like passing people 20 years younger to make you feel all of that hard work was worth every minute! It was just great!

wow... sounds like a wonderful ride! My mother in law is also in her 50's and has been my cycling inspiration! I bought my bike last year and have completed my first 50 mil ride now and hope to complete my first century this year some time... thanks for the inspiration... I know I can do it!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".