Hi SalsaMTB,
I wanted to address your running comments in a new thread...not buried in my boo hoo...raining thread.

I just started running six months or so ago. We decided to do an adventure race that had a trail running leg, so I had to run. Now let me begin this by saying that I have done a bit of running as part of my training in the past, but never anything serious, and never comfortably. I have a less than perfect right knee, so I was always sore when I ran. That is why I bike...easier on my knee.

So naturally being fit from cross training and mt biking, I promptly started out way too hard, and way too fast. Developed tendonitis and had to back off. Naturally this happened after I signed up for the race, so panic set it.

So I backed way, way off, and started out nice and easy on the trails. Jog a bit, walk a bit. And then added more jogging, and less walking. And then the jogging became running, and slowly over about a three month period I built up to where I could comfortably do 3-4 miles on the trails.

I am not really fast, right now I run about a 9 min mile, but I am doing it. And I did 8 miles on race day, and felt great. And now I can run on the street too.

So my message in all of this is, If I can run....really, almost anybody can. I am 44 years old,and have never been a runner in my life, and now I am. And I really love it. Especially trail running.

Give it a try. Start slowly, walk a bit, jog a bit. I bet you will do just fine.

Ruth