Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Wike makes dog-specific trailers http://www.wike.ca/rsdt.htm

This is from the MS150 2004. This dog couldn't have been light! I heard he was whimpering by the end of the ride. Probably was a bit too long in the trailer for him. I think someone mentioned seeing this dog again this year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MS150dog.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	951  
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I take my Australian Shepherd in a Burley trailer as well as in my kayak with me. He stays put other than one time at a busy intersection he got scared and jumped out, so I grabbed him and walked to the sidewalk. Now if we'll be in loud traffic areas we'll put the cover on it.

My only problem with it is that it makes parking the bikes a *lot* more complicated.

hoing a bit off topic

In the summer of 2000, I was splitting my time between Tallahassee, Floridia and Richmond, Virginia. There was a ride that year called Bike south, whic was a combo of Bike Florida, BAMA(Alabama), BRAG(Georgia), Cycle South Carolina(which got extended into the other Carolina, and Bike Viriginia. one of the riders who did all 6 states was called the Goat lady, because she brought along her pet goat, which was towed in a burley trailer. I remeber working Bike Florida as a SAG Driiver between Carrabelle and Blountstown in late June. it was extremly hot and humid. To top it off , we had the usual horde of horseflies following us. The goat got transferred to one of the stronger riders in the local club, as the Goat Lady had to be sagged in. Lady and goat did make it all the way to Virginia, though.

If you got hooked on Hank's tales - have you seen Jenia's journal?
    What a great journal! Thanks for the tip!

(For the sake of the taxpayers of Kaleefornia, I must only look at it at home...much too addictive to look at while at work)
    The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart. ~Iris Murdoch, The Red and the Green

My husband does not ride, but he goes on all the rally's with me in the car. We bring our dog, and he and my husband wait at the rest stops for me. My dog loves the attention he gets from all the riders