Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bitter Sweet...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh Mak, I'm so sorry about Max, but you know you did the right thing, and he's in kitty heaven right now, thanking you for ending his suffering. The new bike will be a good diversion for you right now. Hope you feel better soon.

KB

So sorry for the sadness and suffering, and glad that you could set him free. It's such a hard choice to make, and such a loving one. I know one day I'll have to decide it for Ariel and Isaac, my two cats. They are so very present and give me nothing but love. What can we do but love them back, and set them free when to stay only means suffering? This will get easier, and his spirit will always be with you. L.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Mak, so sorry to hear about Max.
    Having lost four legged friends over the years, it's a hard loss and my thoughts are most definitely with you.
    Life is Good!

Thank you everyone for you kinds words. Yesterday was a very hard day for on top of losing Max we received word at school that one of our colleagues in the district who had been battling cancer had passed away. I decided to go for a ride after I finished closing out my classroom, got in about 20 miles and it did seem to chase some of the blues away , albeit only temporarily. I woke up feeling very sad this morning so I guess I'll climb on my bike and ride some more.

Max was indeed a very special cat. He came to me when he was only 3 weeks old. He went to school with me every day so that I could bottle feed him. He loved people and thus he became a pet therapy cat here in our community. We would visit the local nursing home and the skilled care unit at our hospital a couple times each month. Max simply loved people. I still have to break the news to his little friend, Sarah. She can't have cats so she adopted Max's and would come over regularly to visit with him. He loved every minute of their time together.

Thanks again for all your kind words. I know some think I'm silly to get so upset about losing Max, for in their words he was only a cat. However, in my world he was much more then that, he was a friend who loved everyone he met. His unconditional love touched so many lives and made each one a little better for having met him.

Many blessings to you, for the gift of love you and Max shared and for the gift of freedom you gave to him. May the memory of his soft furriness stay with you and give you comfort. And I hope the joy of your new bike will help you feel the freedom that you helped him have.

Hugs from afar,

Linda