Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oh no! I've fallen in love!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I went into our LBS this morning, to check out Camelbaks for an endurance event later in the year, and nearly came out with a carbon fibre bike!
    Thank God I have willpower!

The overly-helpful assistant let me go and play on the Specialized Ruby Pro - a bike I've been lusting after for several long, long months. The fit was perfect, the ride was dream-like and the bike itself soo soo sexy.
    He was even offering to knock loads off the price (as in nearly a thousand dollars) and throw in half the shop if I bought it!
    He kept telling me to touch it, ride it, "see how light it is" - until I had to "Step Away from the Bike" and show resistence!
    I'm now in that dreamlike state, where endorphins and adrenaline are still coursing through the veins - and it's several hours afterwards!

I can't possibly buy another bike as I'm returning back to England in December and have already decided to leave one bike behind, so I only have one to take back with me (and the thought of shipping either my current bike or the Ruby 18,000 miles across the world, is too stressful to deal with!)

The assistant was evil though - and knows the Ruby Pro isn't available in the UK!

For the love of God, will somebody please post a mantra I can chant to myself , to stop me from going back and getting myself hideously into debt!
    The bike of my dreams is 2 miles away, silently calling me to take it away and love it like a baby ....

I must stay strong, I must stay strong!
    Life is Good!

You love the bike. You buy the bike. You ride the bike.

(repeat)

sorry, I'm NO help! Now you tell me a mantra so I don't buy a Brooks saddle! (ha ha ha)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Stop it!
    Claps hands over ears ...
    La la la la, I can't hear you!

My mantra to you ... treat yourself, you deserve it - you know it makes sense ...
    Life is Good!

Sounds like a good deal to me.

In non-cycling world (what a sad, barren place!) - the response is ...

"You're thinking of spending HOW much? ... On a BIKE?!!!"

In the real world (nice, pink, fluffy world, full of cyclists and lycra) - the response is ...

"My God, that's a fantastic deal, what are you waiting for?"!!

I DID buy the Camelbak - I was hoping that would dispel my bike shop demons!
    Life is Good!

How about a mantra for your boss: give Snappy a raise, give Snappy a raise, give Snappy a raise, give Snappy a raise, give Snappy a raise...
    Last edited by DirtDiva; 06-03-2006 at 02:24 PM.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

good gawd... $1000 off!?????? that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! and it's brand new??????? sheesh... i paid full retail! (but then... i got the 3rd 48 sent out from the warehouse when they were released!)

the ride only gets better! smooth..... like butter!

oh... i'm not helping! (did you see my pics in the other thread???? maybe that will push you over the edge?)

I'm w/Knotted Yet...

You love the bike. You buy the bike. You ride the bike.

(repeat)

Hey, I'm with everyone else on this one.... go grab her! Its amazing how well they can pack bikes these days!!!

sorry, no help here!

Tracy

I've always believed you have to follow your heart.
    Get a really good case to ship it to the UK.

Oh, I mean...mantra.....
    uh....
    must not buy the bike of my dreams.
    Yeah, that's it.

How much do these bikes cost normally? Also these opportunity's don't always come along very often. Example- we are trying to watch our money right now, but had a client who was a furniture company. Had an opportunity to buy a couple pieces at wholesale price plus no shipping charge. Couldn't resist. We got this coffee table for a 1/3 of the floor price as well as an awsome wine rack for a 1/3 of the price. That opportunity was not going to happen again. I love our new peices. By the way they charge a lot for furniture. It makes me never want to buy retail again. Our coffee table cost us $129. in the store it would have cost us around $500. AHHHHHHHHH!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Geez and I was having trouble resisting a Ruby that was $150 off retail last week. Question is- can you afford to spend it. If you can that is one heck of a deal. Of course I am biased because I spent a good 30 minutes drooling over one last week before I determined we needed to save more. And I didn't even test ride!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Sorry, I can't be of much help here either. Fred the Red, the black and red Redline Conquest Pro would disown me if I dissed a lovely black and red bike.

If you can make it happen financially, it would give you the ride you want, and it feel perfect, well????

I was just about to say "look, it is keeping you off the streets", but that would be accurate.

Quill

See if the guy at the LBS will take care of the packing and shipping and throw that into the deal. One can never have to many bikes.

Ooooh, SurlyGirl has a great idea there!

C'mon, you know you want the bike. Need the bike.

Go ask the nice shop-guys if they'll pack and ship. And give your beloved another look while you're at it. Another little ride. Just give it a little love and see if it loves you back, like a puppy up for adoption at the animal shelter.

Love the bike. Buy the bike. Ride the bike.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Hard side bike cases fit two bikes, don't they? If you're bringing one bike home with you pack in a hard case and bring home two. Oh, wait, you weren't asking for practical solutions on how to get two bikes from NZ to the UK, were you?