Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: LRRH News Feed

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

LRRH News Feed

To disable ads, please log-in.

Velo News did it first...now we are following suit.

SadieKate, jobob, and Bubba arrived in Salt Lake last night. Here is Sarah singlehandedly holding up the bike trailer before they left Cali:

And here is the Bike Bus, ready for departure:

Once they arrived, we all got together and had dinner and Kolsch (that's beer) before retiring for the evening. In the morning, jobob and I took the puppy dog for a little stroll. It was a little warm out but Pi knows how to use the drinking fountain. So talented!

After the walk SadieKate joined us for the BIG shopping spree (for dinner Saturday night) and a drive around the City. Here's an example of fine, high Utah art at the light rail station (those are bicycle wheels):

Stay tuned. We'll return after this short break.

1.5 hours until blast-off! I can hardly wait!
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

I'm Here!

Where is everyone? I'm checked in and ready to party! yahoo
    I'm on the computer in the hotel lobby. So we do a link to the rest of the world. bikerhen

Hi and welcome back!

Veronica, aka_kim, and SadieKate's friend Marty flew in to Salt Lake at around 12:30 MDT. We then met up for lunch at Cucina, a very nice little deli here in my neighborhood. Following that we went to Hatch Family Chocolates, where we had to decide what to get:

jobob was particularly fascinated with the "worms in mud", which are gummy worms dipped in chocolate. She thought they looked like something else .

And here we are, all decisions made. snapdragen, jobob is holding your box. We're hoping it'll make it back to California intact.

(l to right, aka_kim, yellow, jobob, SadieKate, Marty, and Veronica)

Then we went back to my house to drop off the chocolates before heading off to my favorite bike shop and lo! There is a surprise box of more chocolate things. You can see by the tag who had them sent.

Thanks, AG! I'm sure we'll enjoy that tomorrow (and think of you and wish you were here).

Over & out.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow
    snapdragen, jobob is holding your box. We're hoping it'll make it back to California intact.
    Harrumph!

Well, as far as we know all the chocolate is safe and sound in yellow's house.

More specifically, in yellow's guest room.

Which is currently occupied by Veronica.

hey, waitaminute !

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Veronica! Keep your hands off my chocolate!!!!!

You guys are having way too much fun, and you haven't even started riding yet!

Have a great time tomorrow!
    Keep calm and carry on...

Yeah, this pre ride stuff is just too good!
    Nancy

I wish I lived on the West Coast. You girls have all the fun!

By the way, Yellow, that pooch of yours is something else. Loved that water fountain picture!

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Okay Ladies!

I know you are off at Casa Yellow (or in the hotel hot tub), HOWEVER, we over here with no lives are wanting to know everyone is safe and sound!

HINT HINT!!!

Tracy

ps. hope everyone had a great ride!

Back from casa yellow and heading to bed real soon ...

But I'm very happy to report that SadieKate, Veronica, Yellow, CindySue, aka_kim, Trekhawk, Marty, Bikerhen, and I all finished the century and live to tell the tale ! (I think I'm forgetting someone but please cut me some slack, long day plus beer & mojitos make for a few missing brain cells).

Twas' a blast. The last 20 miles or so I was questioning my sanity but that's typical for me.

Now if only I didn't go and leave my package of chocolate at casa yellow. argh. No fear snap you'll get your chocolate eventually.
    Last edited by jobob; 06-03-2006 at 09:48 PM.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Congratulations Everyone! Glad to get the good news and I'm looking forward to the reports and pictures!

Trac'

Building on what jo posted...this was a successful first century (that's 100 miles in one day!) for BikerHen, TrekHawk, SadieKate's friend Marty, my friends Cyndi and Yau, Tater, and Avocet and her friend Betsy. Other notables (old hat to them): CyclaSutra, Lifesgreat, AuntieK, and sulis.

Oh, and jo...your chocolate spent another night with Veronica. No guarantees.

Pictures coming!

Oh! And TrekHawk is a MAJOR SANDBAGGER!
    Last edited by yellow; 06-04-2006 at 05:01 AM.

ya know, I might have guessed that about Trekhawk! Thanks for confirming my suspicions!

T~

Ride Day Photos

What a beautiful day! Once we got through the registration fiasco, that is. SadieKate and crew met up with jobob and crew early enough to avoid most of it, but V and I didn't get there until about 7:30 (which is NOT late!) and the line was about 45 minute wait. This made me cranky. I ended up forgetting to put sunscreen on my neck, forgetting my extra packet of chamois butt'r, not getting to stretch, etc., etc. I was all discomboobulated after that but got better once I started riding.

We don't have a beginning ride group shot for you (yet), but here's Little Red herself, making sure we all know the rules of the road:

We were staggered at the beginning but ended up finding lots of AV jerseys later. Veronica, who took off with my friend Death-March-Martha (that means she rides hard and fast all the time, no exceptions), smoked us and then we never saw her again! But SadieKate and I ended up riding stints with aka_kim, jobob, TrekHawk (sandbagger!), cindysue, and my friends Cyndi and Yau Ming. We also ran into SadieKate's friend Marty, CyclaSutra, Lifesgreat, and sulis at the lunch stop:

(l to r, aka_kim, SadieKate, jobob, yellow, cindysue, Marty, and CyclaSutra)

(l to right, yellow and Lifesgreat)

Because the line for lunch was so long, we decided to go ahead and ride into Idaho first before wiping out the sandwich bucket. But we needed to do a little map verification of where we were before we ventured out. Very serious stuff here.

(SadieKate & jobob)

And some bike maintenance:

(cindysue)

Once we took off, the vistas returned. Here's cindysue admiring the view:

and here we are at the state line, smiling after recovering from having to repair FOUR flat tires (among the riders), TWO of which were aka_kim's, who incidentally had no pump. Thank you cindysue for the rescue!

(l to r, cindysue, aka_kim, yellow, jobob, TrekHawk)

(l to right, aka_kim, cindysue, yellow, SadieKate, and jobob)

Everyone (that I saw) was still smiling at the end and we all agreed that it was a fun ride. We'll have to see how aka_kim rates it, as she bases it on food and since I don't really eat the food at these things, I can't judge. Veronica says that they need sodas and pretzels at the lunch stop.

We didn't talk about next year at the BBQ. We mostly sat around and yakked. Tater and Mr. Tater joined us and we got to hear all about life in Idaho and we ate and drank lots of carbohydrates. As you can see it was dark by this time...we didn't get around to eating until after 9 pm. This threw Mr. Yellow off. He was hungry and wanted to eat earlier. My reaction? "Hey! This is about us LRRH riders!"

(SadieKate & aka_kim)

Thanks for such a fun day, ladies. I am fundamentally a social rider and love happenings like this. What's next?