Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

only 500 spots left! it's closing fast!!!!!

A little birdie told me that another TE member just signed up!

so do we have a list?

me (and hubby) errrrrr.... caligurl!
    tprevost
    brandy
    bcipam
    honorary TE member: wayne!
    nina r messina
    redhot3368
    tiffanie
    green machine

who else?
    Last edited by caligurl; 06-19-2006 at 01:34 PM.

Sounds like you girls will have a great ride and day. Dont forget to post reports and lots of pictures after the ride. I look forward to hearing all about it.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    A little birdie told me that another TE member just signed up!
    That would be me. I'm so nervous!!!
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Your biggest challenge isn't someone else.
    It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs and the voice inside that yells "CAN'T".
    But you don't listen. You just push harder.
    And then you hear the voice whisper "CAN".
    And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
    Author Unknown

Tiffanie - don't be nervous. First of all the ride is just so gorgeous and usually the weather so nice, you'll want to ride and ride. There are lots of bail out spots so if you do tire no worries. The Club provides lots of sag support. Wayne's coming to support all us gals so that's a good thing. Just get out and ride. You have plenty of time.

Of course I also need to take my own advice!!! I really need to start riding the road bike again. Since each of my MTBikes now have a problem and needS to be repaired so I guess I have no excuses!
    Last edited by bcipam; 06-19-2006 at 01:15 PM.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

I can't WAIT for Cool Breeze!!!!
    I am loving these supported rides. The Cambria ride was so, so, so, so
    BEAUTIFUL this weekend. I only did 50 miles, but increased my average speed to 14.9 mph...still slow...but getting better
    Next one is Three harbors metric..yeah!!

Karen

Me too! Me too! I'm signed up for the Cool Breeze Century!

I have a few friends that I ride with regularly that are also signed up, so we are all doing our hill training rides.

I'm looking forward to it!!

Judy

Wow...it's going to be a TE-fest!

This is SO cool ! I didn't realize there were going to be so many of us riding! Who will be there the night before???? Does anyone want to do a dinner or something????

I plan on starting at 6:30; that way I will get a head start and at least be a little way into it before everyone starts zippin' past me! I've gotta keep the Waynster behind me in case I get into trouble I did a hill ride today and I am SO slow... got lots of work to do!

Trac'

tiffanie,

i just had to laugh at your post with the little nervous guy!

T~

Quote Originally Posted by bcipam
    Tiffanie - don't be nervous. First of all the ride is just so gorgeous and usually the weather so nice, you'll want to ride and ride. There are lots of bail out spots so if you do tire no worries. The Club provides lots of sag support. Wayne's coming to support all us gals so that's a good thing. Just get out and ride. You have plenty of time.

Of course I also need to take my own advice!!! I really need to start riding the road bike again. Since each of my MTBikes now have a problem and needS to be repaired so I guess I have no excuses!
    Thanks for the encouragement Pam. I think my nervousness is centered on the descents I'll have to make. I'm terrified of downhill!

You may be seeing me walk a lot. lol
    ~~Tiffanie~~

It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs and the voice inside that yells "CAN'T".
    And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    tiffanie,

i just had to laugh at your post with the little nervous guy!

T~
    Definitely what I'll be looking like on the downhill
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    This is SO cool ! I didn't realize there were going to be so many of us riding! Who will be there the night before???? Does anyone want to do a dinner or something????

I plan on starting at 6:30; that way I will get a head start and at least be a little way into it before everyone starts zippin' past me! I've gotta keep the Waynster behind me in case I get into trouble I did a hill ride today and I am SO slow... got lots of work to do!

Trac'
    So, what's considered slow? I haven't done any hills yet (outside of my Spinning classes - does that count?).
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Author Unknown

Tiffanie,

Don't worry, if you've been doing the same spin classes as Brandy, you'll be just fine! BTW, Redhot's average is NOT slow so don't listen to her!

Lets see... I can go as slow as 3.8mph up a hill and I think BCIPam can do it even slower (she's got better granny gears!); I don't have any flat areas here so my averages for rides near my house almost always include some grades and hills - I'm guessing my average will be in the 13-14mph range for the ride if its a good day and the hills aren't too tough. I'll be doing my hill training ride at least every other week between now and then!

Seriously Tiff, work on your base mileage and include some hills. The rule of thumb is that you can go 3x your average ride... so do a lot of rides 35-40 miles w/a couple of longer ones tossed in. It would be really great if you could do an organized event of a shorter distance before then so you could get a 'feel' for what to expect.

If you have to walk down some hills, do it. Ever since I got my cast off I have been a downhill chicken so I totally understand; although it really helped me to get some coaching from Bikerchick68 (awesome - she should be a riding coach!) on the descents!

You'll be just fine! Now, go ride your bike!!!

Trac'