Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    I just e-mailed the powers that be at Cool Breeze to get info in specific roads; I'm thinking I may try to drive 101 one direction and preview the hills so I know exactly what the deal is!

T~
    Did CB ever email you? I'm headed up to Goleta tomorrow and I could take a detour off of the 101 and preview the hills.

Brandy: Really I'm telling you this - don't preview the hills. It's just better you don't. Let the ride be a surprise and take everything as it comes in stride. You are such a strong hill climber you probably won't think there's an issue anyway. Just worry about the distance. Try doing some longer rides and don't worry - we will all be in this together.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Quote Originally Posted by bcipam
    Brandy: Really I'm telling you this - don't preview the hills. It's just better you don't. Let the ride be a surprise and take everything as it comes in stride. You are such a strong hill climber you probably won't think there's an issue anyway. Just worry about the distance. Try doing some longer rides and don't worry - we will all be in this together.
    i second what pam said... DO NOT preview them! you CAN do this ride... no need at all to preview it in a car! (and isn't half the fun of a new ride... being new to the course!!!!)

seriously... you are all stressing way too much! the ride is do-able... we wouldn't lie to you! it's also VERY do-able as a first century.... so that, in itself, should say something about the course!

in the mean time... go out and ride... ride longer distance.... do some climbing (and then some more if you want!) and come august... you will see that you've all been worrying for naught!!!!!!!
    Last edited by caligurl; 06-07-2006 at 08:12 AM.

Okay, okay. Really, it's not the climbing...it's the damn descending that I'm skeered of!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    Okay, okay. Really, it's not the climbing...it's the damn descending that I'm skeered of!
    i only remember 1 section that may bother you..... AND i'm not even sure it's on the century route! it was after that horrific climb i told you about that the double metric does.... and the roads (and route slips) were clearly marked to GO SLOW! other than that.... i think the descents were all pretty average.... (i don't like steep descents so i'm sure i woulda remembered any others... an no others stand out... PLUS..... i think i've done worse decents since then.... at redlands and at mulholland! but again... you may not even be doing that section... remember... my route took me on some different sections than you will go on!)

Okay you characters!

Brandy, I know you are camping but I'll be gone when you return so, no, they didn't get back to me... weinies!

AND, I am not wanting to preview so I can see if I can do the hills, I will be doing them... I just like to get an idea of when to push, when to save energy, etc. etc.

In any case, I will definately be doing the 100 miler so getting up/down the hills is not an optional thing and I'm really not stressing at all, I'm just obsessed w/riding my bike and I have "bike on the brain"!

It'll be a fun ride!

Tracy

ps. Now we just have to work on Wayne to get him to sign up!!!

OK you guys... I trying to work on Wayne. It's just too far in the future for him. He's a "last minute if nothing else is going on" type of guy. It would be fun to have him ride with us. I'll have to tease him about riding with a female posse. That'll get his interest !
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Quote Originally Posted by bcipam
    OK you guys... I trying to work on Wayne. It's just too far in the future for him. He's a "last minute if nothing else is going on" type of guy. It would be fun to have him ride with us. I'll have to tease him about riding with a female posse. That'll get his interest !
    don't let him wait too long... the ride is 1/2 sold out! keep watch on the site and badger him MORE as sell out gets closer!

Pam,

What is Wayne's e-mail???? We'll have to start bombarding him with 'love notes' and guilt him into registering!!!

Trac'

I pm'd it...
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

You're so lucky to be married to a guy who can handle "love notes" from biker chicks!!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Pam, I e-mailed wayne today... I'll keep my fingers crossed!

T~

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet
    You're so lucky to be married to a guy who can handle "love notes" from biker chicks!!

Aaahhh that's cause I am not. The Waynster is a good friend - one of my cycling buddies. But he would get a kick out of knowing someone thought us married. People always assume it for some reason...
    Last edited by bcipam; 06-12-2006 at 04:12 AM.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

I don't think that's what she meant, might have been a bit too subtle. Never mind...let's move on
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Wayne's Participation

Just an FYI - Wayne sent me an e-mail saying he's gonna sign up!

YIPPEE!!!!! Our "Sweeper" is in!!!!

Trac'