Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekhawk
    Hey Tracy what sort of saddle are you getting??

I always like to know what works for others or not.

As far as rides for the rest of this year - I only have a couple planned.
    Im doing Fair Oaks Metric this Sunday. Siskiyou Century in September and probably Foxy's Fall Century in October. I think.

Perhaps we could plan for a bunch of us to get together in the new year on one of the Spring Centurys. LOL - do you think that would give us time to plan. Also my husband would be over the shock of looking after the kids for a whole weekend while Im at the Siskiyou Century.

I got one of the selle smp strike saddles... like slinkedog has, but the men's version... I just didn't want to be changing saddles right before a long ride. It would be very cool if we could all do a ride mid-way but I'll have to see... my DH just had one of "those" weekends so I'm planning on sticking close to home for a while

t~

My friend Mike just sent me this site - anyone know of this saddle?

http://www.mi-gmbh.ch/hamoc/index.php?width=1024

Looks weird but if comfortable would consider trying it.

Tracy - if you can do the Limestone ride Saturday let me know. If not, let's see if we can find a Saturday morning or evening to do Chino Hills. I especially love Chino in the evening all the critter come out - especially the B-cats and coyotes!

Anyone else interested in doing a cruisey canyon ride up Telegraph let me know. Chino Hills trail starts out of Carbon Canyon Regional Park, just east of Brea off Lambert.

Also I have some good TB rides coming up in September and October. I'll go ahead and make a new post for those. I haven't gotten the new TNC schedule yet but have signed up for some great rides. In October we are doing the Fremont/Weir/Blind Loop - which is fairly challenging and the Fremont/Tecate out and back which kicked my booty last time but I'm hoping to do better. Both of these start out of Irvine Regional Park.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Quote Originally Posted by bcipam
    In October we are doing the Fremont/Weir/Blind Loop - which is fairly challenging and the Fremont/Tecate out and back which kicked my booty last time but I'm hoping to do better. Both of these start out of Irvine Regional Park.
    challenging technically? or lots of hills?

I don't think any of it is technical - it's all on fire roads but I did hear after the Sierra Peak Fire the Edison company put alot of water bars on the W/B/F Loop downhills - so they maybe alittle technical. Della and I will be doing the ride probably next month to check it out. Tecate is just grindy, grindy, grindy. Not technical. Just grindy. Did you get that? GRINDY!

Chino Hills, however is alittle technical - not bad, especially lower Canyon (Telegraph). There are several fun water crossing. Most are dried out by now. In the winter its a real challenge as the water can be running quite high. Mr. Palmer had himself a good fall in one muddy stream. I however, walked through it. The upper ridges (which we'll do some other time) have their technical moments. I rode down Sycamore trail for the first time without stopping last month. First time in 4 years of trying. Wayne, Della and Paul fly down like its nothing. Hate them!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

I don't think any of it is technical - it's all on fire roads but I did hear after the Sierra Peak Fire the Edison company put alot of water bars on the W/B/F Loop downhills - so they maybe alittle technical. Della and I will be doing the ride probably next month to check it out. Tecate is just grindy, grindy, grindy. Not technical. Just grindy. Did you get that? GRINDY!

Chino Hills, however is alittle technical - not bad, especially lower Canyon (Telegraph). There are several fun water crossing. Most are dried out by now. In the winter its a real challenge as the water can be running quite high. Mr. Palmer had himself a good fall in one muddy stream. I however, walked through it. The upper ridges (which we'll do some other time) have their technical moments. I rode down Sycamore trail for the first time without stopping last month. First time in 4 years of trying. Wayne, Della and Paul fly down like its nothing. Hate them!

I can do grindy, just not up on the 'technical' yet

Yeah but you will pick up the technical soon enough and cause you can do the grindy (and I suffer) you will be off with Paul, Della and Wayne leaving me behind. Sob Sob, feeling sorry for myself!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Yeah but you will pick up the technical soon enough and cause you can do the grindy (and I suffer) you will be off with Paul, Della and Wayne leaving me behind. Sob Sob, feeling sorry for myself!

I doubt it, I'm pretty chicken... I'm sure I have a lot of room for improvement before I get too chicken but I'll never be whipping down any long scary descent, that's for sure!

t~

Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    I think DH is not wanting anymore overnight rides on the schedule after this weekend.... I just can't wait to tell him that I'll be gone for a week for my training!

t~
    Trac' what are you training for?
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Your biggest challenge isn't someone else.
    It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs and the voice inside that yells "CAN'T".
    But you don't listen. You just push harder.
    And then you hear the voice whisper "CAN".
    And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie
    Trac' what are you training for?
    new job... nothing bike related I think I'm going to be gone for a week.... dh is just gonna be thrilled... NOT

Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    new job... nothing bike related I think I'm going to be gone for a week.... dh is just gonna be thrilled... NOT
    Ahhhhhh... I see.

Ok, I'm sending ~~~~happy, patient hubby~~~~ vibes your way!!!
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Your biggest challenge isn't someone else.
    It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs and the voice inside that yells "CAN'T".
    But you don't listen. You just push harder.
    And then you hear the voice whisper "CAN".
    And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
    Author Unknown

Link to Photos

Here's the link to the photographer's site

http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/...ont?b=1&c=0065

well THAT sux! what's up with being in a spot where they only photographed metric and century riders and i ALWAYS buys his pics when he's at rides! COMMUNIST!

Did you find yours Tracy?

OMG...my eyes are going to fall out trying to find mine! If anyone spots my group, I was with Melissa when we went by! We're not in the first group...I'm on to scouring the second set.

voltman posted in BF that it's pictures 2 page 8
    Last edited by caligurl; 08-22-2006 at 08:10 AM.