Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    Thanks Tracy. I backed out of the Spinning DVD shoot and I'm laying (lying??) low this week. Well...with the exception of my friend's 30th birthday party on Wednesday night that I can go to now that I'm not doing the DVD shoot. Party hopper bus from here in OC up to Malibu. Yikes! I'm bringing Avery along with me, so I'll be a good girl.

I'm sorry about the spinning shoot! I was looking forward to being able to say I knew someone in one of those!

How are you feeling today? I bet you'll be just fine by Saturday... just make sure you are getting enough sleep and not over doing it!

I'm glad you're bringing Avery w/you... that'll keep ya outa trouble!

Trac'

Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    I'm sorry about the spinning shoot! I was looking forward to being able to say I knew someone in one of those!

How are you feeling today? I bet you'll be just fine by Saturday... just make sure you are getting enough sleep and not over doing it!

I'm glad you're bringing Avery w/you... that'll keep ya outa trouble!

Trac'
    I'm still sniffly. I can't believe how this is lingering! James said he was glad that I was taking Avery too...for that exact reason.

I caught a cold right after the Santiago Canyon ride and I still have the after effects - the sniffling and congestion although I feel good. Just hard to breathe sometimes. EVen though I really take care of myself when sick, this thing just won't go away so take care of yourself.

Vic: I was thinking of putting something on my number to ID myself as a TE member - like my name BCIpam & TE in the right hand corner. I know the bikeforum group is doing this and sounds like a good idea.

In addition a good place to meet - if you go to the webpage for the ride - there is a photo showing some tables with umbrella - this is right at the ride start (and more important close to the restrooms) so we can probably all at least jog over there at 6:15 to see who's there and ready to go. I'm going up the night before and checking in Friday so won't be standing in the checkin line that morning.

Anyway the plan is to still leave around 6:30 (so early!!). It would be nice for us to at least get a nice start out together before everyone finds their own speed and pace. The route from the school is a nice down hill bike path down to the beach. Once at the beach and on the main bike path riders will tend to break up but at least we can get 3 miles or so together.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Quote Originally Posted by bcipam
    The route from the school is a nice down hill bike path

good... downhill is good....

Hey Girls

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK for Saturday.

Dont forget to post a report and pics.

You will all BREEZE thru Im sure.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Quote Originally Posted by Trekhawk
    Hey Girls

Just wanted to say GOOD LUCK for Saturday.

Dont forget to post a report and pics.

You will all BREEZE thru Im sure.
    i don't think i'll be "breezing" up the newly dubbed "cali hill"

it should be fun.... i know they put on good sag stops.... and centuries are ALL ABOUT be a glutton at the YUMMY sag stops!

Quote Originally Posted by caligurl
    i don't think i'll be "breezing" up the newly dubbed "cali hill"

it should be fun.... i know they put on good sag stops.... and centuries are ALL ABOUT be a glutton at the YUMMY sag stops!
    LOL - mate if anyone can breeze up it it will be you. Whenever I see rides with lots of climbing I think of you and V. I on the other hand cringe and hide.

Have fun and enjoy the yummy food.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    good... downhill is good....

Yeah downhill good in the beginning but remember what goes down must come up - same little hill at starts UP at about mile 96...

It's not bad honest, just a little grade....
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Hi girls, I plan on seeing you all at CB as well. I will only be doing the metric though. Have had major stuff going on at work lately and so very little riding. In fact, my total milage for the entire month of August is 60 miles!! (Wait ... so does that mean if I ride a metric on Saturday, I can say I did a "double metric"?) Anyway, I look forward to seeing all of you.

Nina

Quote Originally Posted by Trekhawk
    LOL - mate if anyone can breeze up it it will be you. Whenever I see rides with lots of climbing I think of you and V. I on the other hand cringe and hide.

Have fun and enjoy the yummy food.

lol, trekhawk! thanx for the vote of confidence! but there will be NO breezing up "cali hill".... i was on my feet "willing" myself up that puppy last year! i'm stubborn and REFUSED to stop.... cuz i knew if i did.... i wouldn't be starting up it again! YIKES!!!!

as a PS..... our king of the mountains jerseys came in the mail yesterday! YAY!!!!!! and i just LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nina - can't wait will be looking for you!

Also we need to get together and do a ride up your way sometime...

Any idea when you plan on getting to the start? We all are leaving so early we may miss you but hopefully our paths will cross - especially by the second sag stop.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Pam, I will plan on being there by 6:00 or 6:15 A.M. so I can see all of you and will probably start with you guys.

Nina

No reason you can't stay with us to the second sag (the metric turn around). Who knows, I might be going back with ya... don't tell Wayne I said that!!!!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Quote Originally Posted by Ninabike
    Pam, I will plan on being there by 6:00 or 6:15 A.M. so I can see all of you and will probably start with you guys.

Nina

Hiya Ms. Nina!

Are you guys driving up on Saturday or staying the night before?

Trac'

ps. got my new saddle, but didn't want to try it out for the first time on this ride! I can't wait to start using it!!! Thanks again for the details!

Hi Tracy, Glad you got the saddle. Alex probably will not be able to make CB because he wrecked his knee - not even in a biking accident. He twisted it in his office!! He loves his saddle though. Anyway, I look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Nina