Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I'll try it!

To disable ads, please log-in.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!
    I love the encouragement of this group!!
    I'm in!!!

I will be doing at least 3 metrics in July, then my normal mid week rides of 18-20 miles twice a week (if possible)

Thanks so much girls!!!

Tracy, See you tomorrow ...7 am!!!!!

oh! i get to meet redhot!!!!!!!!!!!!

(i STILL don't know what i'm wearing! i have it narrowed down to 3 outfits: pink.... white..... lt and dark blue!)

Quote Originally Posted by caligurl
    oh! i get to meet redhot!!!!!!!!!!!!

(i STILL don't know what i'm wearing! i have it narrowed down to 3 outfits: pink.... white..... lt and dark blue!)
    Hey Caligurl!!!
    I will be a wearing a bright yellow jersey!! And I have long red hair and lots of freckles, can't miss me!!
    I will be at the check in table at 7 am!!
    Looking forward to meeting you!!
    Karen

Okay, after today's ride.... I am planning to ride Cool Breeze at an average pace of 12, yes... 12 mph!!!

I rode three harbors today (report/pics coming later) and while on the flats we were riding anywhere from 14-16ish and I still had a 12.7mph average over the 55 miles. There were a few grades, nothing major and I did wait while peddling very slowly (I will be stopping from now on ) for another woman to get up the grades; HOWEVER, there is NO way I will evening be thinking of anything more as an average.... sorry, party pooper here

just giving everyone a 'head's up'

t~

Tracy,

I think that will be similar to what I'll be riding. Our average for the 52 mile ride the other day was 13 mph and I can only imagine that adding more climbing and another 50 miles will slow me down even more. I'll be right there with ya babe!

tracy..... i rarely plan on a certain average for a ride... and NEVER plan on one for a brand new ride (i have looked at my average before a ride i've done.... and yes... make that a goal... but that doesn' always work!) just ride and enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a formal announcement to make...

Tiffanie has a dilemma. It's Cool Breeze vs. the Tim McGraw concert. To me the choice is clear, but she's not decided yet. Come on ladies...help me convince her that Cool Breeze is the right choice!

oh i LOVE that smilie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uhm.... ya.... i've seen tim in concert... and even had excellent seats... you still don't see that much.... definitely COOL BREEZE! lol!

Maybe if we promise to serenade her with Tim McGraw songs during the ride, she'll choose us over him. Or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    Maybe if we promise to serenade her with Tim McGraw songs during the ride, she'll choose us over him. Or maybe not.
    hmmmmmmm not sure which way would be the best to approach that one... sing???? not sing???? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, I'm not actually committing to 12mph, but the point was that there's no way in H*l* I can do 15mph on even my best day I'm just going to have to 'ride my ride' and if people want to ride w/me great (Of course, I hope they will) but if I'm holding people up, I'm totally fine riding by myself!

Trac'

ps. Tiffanie, what are you thinkin' woman? You can see Tim McGraw anytime... COOL BREEZE!! COOL BREEZE!! COOL BREEZE!!

You gals are crackin' me up!!! Caligurl, I love the smilie - where'd you get it?!

I'M SOOOOOO TORN!!!! I can't decide yet - it's making me crazy! My sis and I have had 5th row seats to this concert for 4 months! And even if he's not too impressive vocally, ummmm - I really wouldn't mind just watching him move for a coupla hours.
    ~~Tiffanie~~

Your biggest challenge isn't someone else.
    It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs and the voice inside that yells "CAN'T".
    But you don't listen. You just push harder.
    And then you hear the voice whisper "CAN".
    And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie
    You gals are crackin' me up!!! Caligurl, I love the smilie - where'd you get it?!

I'M SOOOOOO TORN!!!! I can't decide yet - it's making me crazy! My sis and I have had 5th row seats to this concert for 4 months! And even if he's not too impressive vocally, ummmm - I really wouldn't mind just watching him move for a coupla hours.

i made it at... http://www.smiliegenerator.de they even provide you a link to either email it or post it! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    Well, I'm not actually committing to 12mph, but the point was that there's no way in H*l* I can do 15mph on even my best day I'm just going to have to 'ride my ride' and if people want to ride w/me great (Of course, I hope they will) but if I'm holding people up, I'm totally fine riding by myself!

Trac'

ps. Tiffanie, what are you thinkin' woman? You can see Tim McGraw anytime... COOL BREEZE!! COOL BREEZE!! COOL BREEZE!!
    Tracy... stop stressing. You ride whatever the heck speed you want to ride, no one will force you to do otherwise... OK???? I mean this in the nicest way. It's your ride, you do it at your pace. Now stop worrying.

Actually I don't mind going slow. I have in the past done this ride quite fast and don't feel up to it this year. Just did a 20 miler with Richard and he and it kicked my butt. I'm tired!!! I'm actually getting alitle worried about the distance. Need to stop mountain biking and do more road riding - if nothing else for the seat and pedal time.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl