Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Commuted to work today, so 28.7 miles round trip. Found myself in the loop at rush hour, right before 9am when people are scrambling to get to work on time. About got sandwiched by a volvo that decided he was going to move over to make a right. I stopped and looked at him, but all I could think to say was "uh..hi." When I was riding home I was on Michigan avenue for a bit (the mag mile as some know it) this little yorkshire terrier was in a car being held by someone in the passenger seat and he about lept from the car to try to get me

Nice day overall, about 75 and sunny. Some storms came through earlier and I was all pissed I was going to have to ride home in the rain. Thankfully they cleared out and it was a nice ride home.
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

Cool pictures Nanci. The gators are so cool! Seems like there should be a song...

Six little alligators sitting in a swamp
    Nanci rode by and chomp, chomp, chomp

Quote Originally Posted by Nanci
    Check out the perfect little bee-thing!
    That is my favorite flower! I had one when I lived in Louisiana. If I move back, I'm planning to get another one. Great pics!

I got a nice 15 mile ride in today. Had to be somewhere, so I couldn't go further. Rode out to a lake that is near my house and toured around part of it before I needed to turn around to get home in time to shower and get back out the door.

The good news is my Road mini morph pump showed up in the mail! I really like it! It is a great little pump. Now I have to decide how to mount it!!!
    Whoever said last man standing wins never asked a girl to play!

26 miles in the So. Cal heat

Great ride reports! Nanci, the flower is gorgeous! I've never seen anything quite like it.

After working 2 nearly 11+ hour shifts this week, I was ready to get out for a ride. I drove to the Aquatic park near the Rose Bowl and met my friend Bernie at 2:30. We got rolling, trying out a new route that is a mix of two different rides that he does. It was a great route with some fairly gradual climbing for the first 18 miles. I went through my 2 large bottles of water/gatorade before we were 16 miles in and the heat started taking it's toll. So with lots of breaks, we finally made it to the point where we had some nice gradual downhills and finished our loop. It was a great ride even though the heat got to me. Oh, and there was an oatmeal raisin cookie and an iced mocha at Bean Town which helped cool me down.

I had to coach my daughter's soccer team this afternoon so didn't get on the bike until 6:30, but rode the Bay Trail again for about 12 miles at a brisk, sweat-worthy pace....didn't even wear a jacket this evening as it was down right balmy on the bay!!! I saw the fog hover at the Golden Gate Bridge, but it stayed put and my ride was splendid!

Wow TG - sounds like a great ride! It looked beautiful out there today - I didn't get to ride, but I think I'll be heading out very early tomorrow morning to beat the heat.
    Keep calm and carry on...

I did 3 miles around my neighborhood, trying to fine-tune my Terry Sport. I think I got it right now. It's a bit narrower and a lot harder than my Serfas, but when I had one 8 or 9 years ago I really loved it.

I'm developing Brooks envy, too. (B67)

Didn't see any alligators or flowers on my ride, but I did p.o. a dog who tried very hard to chase me. His chain brought him up short!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

belated report

I know it's a bit late to be posting Friday's ride reports on Sunday, but I wanted to brag. The day didn't start off that good. Had a flat before even leaving home, but fixed it all on my own ( ) and left for work only half an hour later than normal. Unfortunately that meant getting the slow train and getting to work an hour later than normal. Luckily I work with academics and have very flexible hours. Heading home again at the end of the day, I decided to just keep pedalling and see how far I got. I usually cycle almost half way home (19mi) and catch the train the rest of the way, but the weather was glorious and I wasn't in a rush to get home to make dinner (BF was in the pub with friends). I ended up cycling all the way home. All 40something miles. And being very annoyed at myself for forgetting to turn on my cyclocomputer! But it was a great ride. Even included several hills. First up over the highest point in Essex, then up another hill nearly as big. And lots of little ups and downs. But I made it home in just over 3 hours. And to celebrate, BF and I got a nice curry for dinner. Mmmmmm coconut nan! And best thing is, I wasn't even sore the next day! just a bit achy in one knee...

Awesome UK! Very cool!

So the saddle and pedals and bike shorts are working well? YIPPEE!!! (and I do agree about the coconut nan, a worthy self-congratulatory treat!)
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.