Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: MTB Newbies

MTB Newbies

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was going to post on the "What kind of MTB do you have?" thread, but I don't have a MTB.

I just had my first off-road experience this weekend, and I was riding a Bianchi Avenue hybrid...

I *LOVED* it. Loved being in the woods, loved how physical it was, loved that I managed not to fall on my head...

My bike held up very well over the harrowing roots and rocks and such-like - there were some places that were a little too 'technical' for me to ride over them, but it was amazing fun, and such a different way to ride for me.

I suspect I am going to leave the roads more often in the future...

So, howdy!

hahaha....another one converts to the dirty side!!!!!
    I am a nobody; nobody is perfect, and therefore I am perfect.

Hmmm... whatever you do, do not, repeat, do not test ride a full suspension bike. No bunny hops, no curb jumping...

Luke, I am your father...

Lol

You dirty girls crack me up....
    It starts with a test ride and goes (sorry I have to say it), it goes downhill from there.

welcome to the fold....

Hahaha fbg. I don't want to admit how many times I've found myself thinking "you know, if I maxxed out both credit cards, I could buy a really sweet double bouncer..." I love my hardtail dearly, but I think I have latent downhill tendencies that would be so much better catered for with a good five inches on the rear.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

I got my custom hardtail last winter. Since then, my DH got a FS bike that he loves and I've been secretly lusting for one also. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE of hardtail, but I really want a FS also. I guess I just want one of every type of bike

tikiwi: If you saw me from the back, you would know I don't need another five inches on the rear... heh heh

I'm hoping for a full suspension by... summer's end???

Hope this passes the appropriate police:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by fatbottomedgurl; 06-01-2006 at 08:35 AM.

queen video

I love that song & the video's hilarious...or at least what you can see of it...

After they made the video they had to return all the bikes without the saddles....

As freddie says "get on yer bikes n ride"

c