Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terry Butterfly

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by preeder

I've never had a Terry seat, but when I was doing my original research on seats after I concluded that the one that came with my bike was just not right, there were many comments about the lack of quality control on the Terry seats. Comments about the varying thickness of padding and the variance between the different sides of the saddle. After reading all the comments, and knowing how a mm can make a difference in comfort on a bike, I wonder if quality control might be at the root of some of the problems people are experiencing.

Wow, where did you find that research? I have to admit I've been a Butterfly user for about 2 years now. Its usually pretty comfortable but after mile 30+ I get a bit sore especially on the right side to the point I get sores (BUtt'r helps alot). I tried turning the saddle a bit to take the pressure off the right side a bit, but this makes alot of sense.

I'm to that point though... do I really want to mess with going though more saddle fitting all over again... or do I just deal with it. Usually most of my rides are fairly good, except when I had to take a week off for sores at the start of this year.

Here's another question... whats the lifetime for a typical saddle? How do I know when its time to replace it?

Hiya

I have a Terry butterfly saddle and I like it. I do have to admit it took me longer to get used to it than the Terry Liberator gel I have on my other bike. But I got it last season when I got my new bike and I had to do some adjusting to get it comfy. But now I just hopped on my bike and rode about 15 miles the other weekend after being off of it for 4 months and I wasn't sore. So I guess as has been said, we're all different. I'm sorry it's being a PITA for you.
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

I have a a Terry Liberator Ti Race on both my road bike and touring bike. Never had a problem with either of them. I also have a regular Terry Liberator, it's not my favorite, but it works fine for me.

Geez, I can't get thru the fi'zi:k website without hearing a bad Italian-American accent as I read thru

I have a butterfly and really like it alot. It has never made me sore. However, I must admit that I have never ridden more than 65 miles at one time. Wish I could say the same about my feet!

I've been going thru a ton of saddles to try to find something that works ~ and last night DH brought home the Butterfly... because the shop owner said it was what he sells to all the girls. Someone must love it - but OW! I will make an adjustment and give it one more (short) try, but if I stand after a short ride only to feel the blood rush back to that region? No Go.

Oh - and DH is a little frustrated that he wasn't able to swoop in & solve the problem... I don't think guys get how particular this issue can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokomis
    Oh - and DH is a little frustrated that he wasn't able to swoop in & solve the problem... I don't think guys get how particular this issue can be.
    YEsterday i almost got into it with one of my coworkers who started giving me
    sh## about my brooks saddle being so heavy. I work with all men who all seem to ride on little bar-shaped saddles.
    I finally had to say; "let's not go there" because it's bad enough talking about girly parts and the nether regions with the SO but to have to talk about it
    to a bunch of numbnuts (literally!) that you work with; I guess they're just going to have to think I'm a little goofy because i have that big heavy saddle on my slick new road bike.

THAT'S TERRIBLE!! JUST IGNORE THOSE JERKS!!!
    Crediamo in te, bici!