Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

OT - don't cut your fig tree

I don't know how many of you have experience with fig trees or will have the need to cut them down.

My warning to you is to be very careful and cover your body with as much clothing as possible. Mr. Fish cut down our fig tree this weekend is has now broken out in nasty blisters - like poison ivy squared. It doesn't itch, but burns. He went to the doctor today to get a shot - dexamethasone. He's not reacting well to it - talking really fast and jittery. I react terribly to everything, but amazingly didn't this time. Good thing, because dexamethasone just about kills me.

Fig trees are one of those things that people tell you about after you cut it. You know... like... "oh yeah, I break out in a bad rash any time I have to deal with a fig tree". So - I'm letting you know ahead of time.

Just FYI.

Have a glorious afternoon!

I loved Momma's fig preserves on buttery toast.

Oh...poor Mr. Fish!

You know...I don't think I'll ever forget this post and should my path ever cross with a fig tree, I'll be prepared!

Thanks for the information.

We have something called a flannel bush, same thing. I can't get near it or i break out. I sure hope he feels better soon.Oatmeal bath always helps me!
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

My friend cut down a fig tree, had the same reaction, and was then allergic to figs ever after. Sad.

I thought Dexamethazone was what you got a shot of on Mount Everest when you were about to die. I had no idea it had any application in the real world.

nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Brandi,

Can you still wear flannel pajamas, though?

nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson