Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

newbie's back after flu! :D

To disable ads, please log-in.

I spent most of last week curled up in a miserable ball but by the weekend I was starting to feel more human and I went for a bike ride yesterday, monday, finally. YEAY! I was so tired and worn out from just being sick that I was cringing at the thought of doing anything but once I was on my bike it was the best!
    only went 15 miles again but I encountered hills. Some were wonderful and confidence building, others were kind of grueling and I was just wanting to thank god once they were over. And one, sadly, I had to walk up. I'll make it next weekend though when I get back there.
    I discovered the joys of figuring out how my breaks work better
    while I was sick and off the bike I got the gear shift indicator fixed and that is awesome. Spent time exploring how that works, thank you very much hills.
    My first ride a few weeks ago was 10 miles and I wanted to curl up and die afterwards and hurt for 3 days. yesterday I did 15 miles and feel better than before my bike ride. Cobwebs outta the body I guess.
    Just wanted to say I'm back, I'm happy, Loving my bike and thank you very much everyone for being so supportive and helpful and kind!

Yay! I think our bodies learn how to ride better so that a longer ride once we've learned goes better. Every mile is a victory!

Good for you, JoyfulGirl! It is amazing what our bodies are willing to do once we start asking, isn't it! I just love your "handle" by the way. It makes me more joyful just reading it.

Glad to hear you're on the mend JG - slowly does it, you have the whole season to ride, make sure you give your body time to catch up.
    But hey, a bike's so much fun that every day it sits and gathers dust, it feels like a crime!
    Life is Good!