Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ad Beginner look for riders

To disable ads, please log-in.

Greetings,

I am new to this site. I live in the metro-west area of Boston and am looking for women to mt bike with. I would like to try Callahan or Cutler or Great Brook after work. I would like to bike Blue Hills again, this time with out running into an arsonist or rapist.

I would like to try other places on weekends.

Thx,

Stormy

Hey Stormy
    I'm more of a roadie, and only a sometimes Mt biker. It kills my knees.
    The Northeast crowd here seems to be an unorganized but good bunch and there are quite a few of us. Do you ride road also? Anyway keep checking in I'm sure one of the gang can give you some advice.

Okay, gang, who's organizing the Spring ride?

I ride both ways lol

I also road bike and would love to ride with people, I'm a novice advanced begginner. I tend to lolly lag when solo, would like to ride with people to improve.

Stormy

I'd be happy to ride with you. I am more of a beginning mtbiker, but I could meet you at Great Brook. Or, road ride, even better... PM me and we can discuss.
    Surly, I tried to organize us, but there were no takers. What about the 16th?

Anybody?????

Robyn

Went by Callahan no cars in lot

I would love to ride with you either Great Brook or the rail trail after work, or a good back road.

I went by Callahan to bike, not a car in the parking lot, I went home.

Getting everyone together is so hard. I may be able to make the 16th. Did you have a ride in mind? I remember last year it was difficult to try to find a place that was sort of in the middle of everyone and then it rained where I am and not in towards Boston.

The 16th is a Friday, which I could not do, but Saturday or Sunday the 17th or 18th works for me. Anybody want to come down to the Cape? We could ride the Canal, down the western shore toward Falmouth/Woods Hole. We could meet at either end of the canal...Maybe one hour from Boston.

Also if anybody wants to do some mountain biking, I would love to hook up with you too. I will be away the next two weekends (through the 11th), but anytime after that...I'm off on Mondays, too.

Linda

Sorry, I meant the 17th (duh). Saturday the 17th. Linda, i wouldn't be opposed to coming down the Cape, but would a Saturday be a bad day for this? I know it's not officially the season yet, but it's pretty close. My image of riding along the canal is cars and more cars. I could plan a ride around Concord and Carlisle, and we could swim at my pond afterwards, have a picnic,or go out. Let me know everyone.....

June 16-18 going to Coyote Hill Mt Bike Camp

Greetings All,

I am going to Coyote Hill in Fairlee,Vt June 16-18. Is anyone one up for a day ride either June 10 or 11 th? I have never rode the canal trail.

There are some kewl trails in N.Conway NH. I belong to a ski house there and can have guests in the summer for a modest fee. It would be fun to go up for a 3 day week end and try out some of the trails or back roads.

Let me know your thoughts.

My image of riding along the canal is cars and more cars.
    Riding on the Canal Road is car-free. It's a multiuse trail, so there can be walkers, bladers, etc. We could also ride from the canal on some not-too-busy roads. The busy season does not really start until the schools are out in late June/July.

I would also be interested in riding up in the Concord/Carlisle area if that is more convenient for others.

I am going to Coyote Hill in Fairlee,Vt June 16-18.
    Imperfectstorm...That is so cool! I really want to do a mtb skills camp. I was looking at that weekend, but it is too close to my return from my California vacation next week. I'm thinking about maybe doing the one in August. Let us know how it goes! A trip to ride up in NH sounds good, too.

Linda

I could do the 10th, but on the 11th I am leading a ride. Linda, the canal sounds fine, now that you describe it. But, I will leave it up to others.

Tell me more about this camp. I would love to go... but in August.

Robyn

Hey Imperfectstorm which ski house do you belong? We use the Drifters which is the old Harvard ski club.

Ski House & Mt Bike camp

I plunked my deposit for Coyote Hill, the URL is coyotehillcamp.com

The last week of July is the Pedrosfest a mt bike festival campin in Lanesboro,MA.

Lots of rides, clinics, vendors, people. I plan to drive, just me my bike and my tent. If anyone is interested let me know. the url is www.pedrosfest.com

I belong to the polecat ski and sports club in north conway,nh http://www.polecatskiclub.com

What ride are you leading on the 11th?

What type of ride are you leading on the 11th?

It's just under 30 miles; through Stow, Boxborough, Hudson, Bolton, Sudbury. Stop for lunch at the Grist Mill near the Wayside Inn. I lead rides for AMC. This is more "social" than traditional bike clubs and the speed probably will not average much over 14 mph. It's a beautiful ride, 2 climbs. Starts at the Stow Airport. If you want to come, email me.

Robyn

What about the 10th anyone?????? Can we get together then?