Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

MTB ride this Sunday

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just wanted to see if anyone was interested in riding in Wompatuck State Park on Sunday. The local WOMBATS (Womens Mountain Bike and Tea Society, started by Jacquie Phelan) is planning a ride and I thought there might be some Boston-area women who might like to join us. We plan to meet at 10AM. Ride leader is Sarah Ignatius. I haven't actually ridden with them before, but I would really like to do a women-only ride. Let me know here or PM if you are interested.

Linda

Re: Wompy Sunday

I would love to ride, do you think the weather will co-operate? The forecast does not look promising,

Jojo aka stormy

I would like to try this, but I think I might be too much of a novice. Plus, the weather really looks bad. What kind of trail is it?

The weather is looking quite iffy I suggest we wait and see what happens. No rain here on the Cape yet, but there is supposed to be quite a bit tomorrow.

I have only ridden one section of the trails at Wompy and that was on a "mellow" ride with NEMBA last year. Nothing too technical on the trails we were on, although I managed to fall off a bridge I am pretty much a novice at this too, Robyn, so don't worry!

Let's check in with each other tomorrow. And if we can't go this Sunday, let's do it another time. Or if you want to get together to ride on trails that either of you are familiar with, I would like to do that too.

Linda

Maybe??

The plan at this point is to check the weather around 9:00AM tomorrow. I will be calling Sarah, and if anyone wants to be in touch by phone in the morning, send me a PM.

It's been raining all day here on the Cape, but it looks like it may have cleared north and west of here. Not sure the trails will be dry enough to ride, though.

did this happen? any plans for a repeat ride? i'd love to do a women's-only group ride in the woods sometime!!