Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

NEMBA fest June 11 @Wompatuck

To disable ads, please log-in.

There is a mt bike festival Sunday June 11 at Wompy state park in Hingham, MA. There is also camping available if anyone one to arrive the afternoon before.

Here is the URL: http://www.mtbadventureseries.org/mt...BAFest2006.htm

Any one interested for the day or camping the afternoon before?

Robyn I'm not ready to ride an 35 mile intermediate ride and then play ice hockey that afternoon. I have to build up to that.

Joanne,

I can understand not wanting to ride and then play hockey. I can only handle one sport a day! However, the ride has been shortened to about 27 miles. The speed is not fast at all.
    Wow, it is just pouring out. We were supposed to have our bike rally today and ride 50 miles, up into Hollis, NH. Of course, it was cancelled, but we still have the dinner tonight. Went hiking in Estabrook Woods, in full rain gear. It is just soaked in there. I hope it dries soon, because I love to mtb there. Very easy on the main trail, with some challenging single track on the side trails.

Will it ever stop raining in MA

Do you think the rain will ever stop? My bike is itching to get out.
    I fell like fungi

Rain in the Northeast

We have had so much rain in Maine I think we might slide into the ocean. We have the ALA Trek across Maine a week from Friday and it is hard to get training in. I think I'm going to jump back on the indoor trainer for most of the weekend. I'm looking for more events in the Northeast this summer. Does anyone know where I can find a list of events?

I'm getting my new bike today and I won't be able to ride it!!!!!!
    Please let it stop raining by Saturday afternoon so I can ride my new bike before I have to lead a ride on it on Sunday...

Robyn

Take whatever dry weather you can get!!

Would be nice to have two dry biking days however, I don't think it is going to work out that way. I am hoping that Father's Day Weekend is dry for the ALA Trek across Maine. I have participated in two of the last three annual events and they have been very cold and wet. I would be happy to get a nice dry kinda of cool ride 65-70 but will ride in whatever we get!!

I am a roadie, but if anyone wants to go out on the road, I'd love to join you. I live in Somerville and routinely ride into Bedford, Concord and Carlisle and Newton.

AMC Monday Nite Ride Newton-

Is anyone going to do the AMC ride monday nite? It meets at the duck feeding area of the old Norumbega park in Newton.

I plan to ride, I have a lilac REI Noverra that looks like a mt bike, but is a road bike.

Imperfectstorm, I am not familiar with AMC? When is the ride and where is the park? How fast are the rides and where does it go? Sorry for all the questions.

-Pata

AMC-rides

Pata,

AMC is the Appalachian Mountain Club, their url is www.outdoors.org they have lots of nice rides and other activities. This is the boston chapter ride, the Worcester Chapter has nice rides too.

The ride leader is Barbara Bix her email is: barbara@bbmarketingplus.com
    you can try contacting her for Monday evening's ride, the have a slew of rides comeing up. I don't know the pace but this is supposed to be an easy ride.

The "duck feeding area" in at the intersection of 128 & route 30. I think it is off of North Street-if you are heading west on rt 30 it is on the right hand side heading toward Brandeis University after you cross 128.

If you know of some good back roads in the concord metro-west area or want to bang a ride on the minute man bike way, let me know, I'm always up for a bike ride

Regards,

Joanne

hey stormy, i'm part of a group that rides at least once/week after work at great brook. mostly fast guys (chasing them makes you soooo much better), but we also have a couple girls as well, including me! pm me if you're interested and i'll get you on our distribution list. fun group, mixed ages, lots to learn from them.