Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To disable ads, please log-in.

There are some awsome bikes here. When my dh built my bike I had to girl it up a bit and found some cool hawiian flower stickers to put on it (drove him nut's that I did that, but it's my bike right?) anyone else do anything like that?
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

no flower stickers, but i do have pink grips and a pink waterbottle holder on my new santa cruz juliana. there's another thread about this somewhere out there...

my bike is sooooo sweet! i built it up with a combo of new (avid juicy 7's, mavic crossride wheels), ebay used (fox talas RL), and old parts from my old hardtail (lx drivetrain, SRAM hollowpin chain, bontrager handlebars, etc) and it rocks! i will eventually upgrade the drivetrain and bars. but i'm already loving the fullie...a completely different (and in my opinion, better) experience than the HT. this bike rocks.

only minor problem is that i don't have much clearance on the medium, but the small frame was too small. anyone have any experience with 24inch wheels?

Ikkin ,
    I run 24in wheels on all my bikes, I love them. The standover is great, but I am small (4'11). My husband is a frame builder so my last two frames were designed specifically with 24 in mind. I also run 24 on my Titus FS.

Some people will go into efficiency loss, etc. from running 24 in. but I feel my riding got so much better when I made the change (confidence is priceless).

I have a 13in Gunnar Rockhound. Steel hardtail. It's a pretty dark green.

I was keeping an eye out on ebay for small steel mtb frames. This Gunnar comes up. I hadn't thought about a Gunnar for myself, though I had heard of them. I won the auction for it for $200. They are $750 retail. I moved the parts off another bike. It has just so-so parts on it, some LX. I really like it, although I'm not a very skillful or frequent mtn biker. It's my least used bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikenmama
    I have ridden a Trek 4300, Specialized Enduro, my Stumpjumper FSR '03 edition, and I can say hands down this is the sweetest ride I have ever had (which includes multiple bike brands that I tired out at the L.A. Bike expo. The bike is so laterally ridged at high speed descent. The torsional rubber shock climbs better than my Stumpy in full lock out. The rear is rated at 4 to 41/2 inches of travel. The bike all around just seems to be easier to get up the mountain. The rear end has teflon lined swage locked spherical bearings that are used in fighter jets. The guy who created this bike is a mechanical engineer and really knows his stuff. I'm hoping and praying that he does come out with the cross country model for the public soon. I just love this bike.
    Can you tell??????
    Interesting. Can you post close up pictures of the shock?

pedals

How about the candies? ( crank bros.) They've got quite a few different color options. I have the lemon yellow ones on my custom built mtn bike.

So many nice bikes ladies. Makes me want to throw mine off a cliff.

No no no! Don't throw it off, ride it down.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.