Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Newb Here

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi I'm new to this forum, only discovered it recently when I was doing some research on saddles. I used to have a 2001 Specialized Hardrock Comp.
    My new bike is just over a month old Giant Trance 3 (Aussie Model).

ohh

Hey pebble,

Where in aust or nz are ya???

That's one nice trance ya got there dear! How do you find the handling??? What about going from a hardtail to a dually???

Ian(my dear) was looking at getting a trance but opted for the Scott genius mc 40...Still a nice bike...

c

Well it's a 16"frame, I put the Truvativ Hussefelt riser & 60mm stem on purely to compare to stock set up but found it instantly more responsive and alot better reach wise for me. Handling is great but obviously the shorter stem means going up hills isn't quite as good - just have to put a bit more weight up front. Great bike though, equally good on the bitumen and the dirt.
    Definitely love having a duallie - I found the Judy TT fork pretty dismal - but I had good use out of the old bike and I guess I was at the stage where I was really ready for an upgrade - it felt a bit like a pogo stick where I usually rode (that could be just lack of riding ability though?). The Tora is great - still to get the rebound setting right though and the Trance weighs around 13.5kg (bathroom scale) but feels light to ride - well almost same weight as my hardtail was.

Other bikes I test rode: 05 Specialized FSR XC, 05 Trek Fuel 70 and considered the FSR XC Comp, Trek Fuel 80, Norco Fluid 2.0, Kona Kikapu Deluxe, Kona Dawg and lastly thought about a Giant Reign, in my list, but the Trance came up tops in value for money and also had great reviews overall.
    The Specialized FSR XC Comp was probably my 2nd choice.

In the end it's between what you can afford, performance, value for money, and what you like - I know I never really considered some bikes purely because I didn't like the look of them. In the end whatever I chose I'd be stoked with (well as long as you don't get a heap of people telling you that you made the wrong choice!).

My husband still has his Hardrock Comp (2001 model) and it's virtually like new, the most dirt it saw was when I rode it when I was between bikes after selling my old one!

I'm in Townsville QlLD (Australia) at the moment, but pending a job interview we may be moving to Cobar NSW.

pebble

Wahooo!! Another aussieeeee! Hello from perth!

tired crazycanuck...

Hi Crazycanuck, I've lived in Perth for a while - we were living in Gosnells, still have a brother in law living there (not Gosnells though). I'm about to head to bed as well : shouldn't be staying up this late with kids who get up at 6am! Anyway I'm sure we'll chat in future. Now better stay on topic I guess

My ride is a Marin Alpine Trail named Lucy cuz...

I LOVE Lucy!
    "We are all symphonies in the making. Listen to your soul and dance to the song it longs to play.."

Thumbs up BLT..Yum!

I just got my 2006 Santa Cruz Black Ano BLT, it's an all mountain ride and I'm lovin' it. It's a perfect rig for Colorado.
    I've built it up with sweet parts, Fox both front and back, with some juicy brakes, etc. This is a dream come true for me, I'm stoked!

I wish my frame was anodized! Your bike must look really great.
    The paint on the Trance comes off pretty easily due to minor cable rub.

Wow, some nice bike. I have an older US built steel Trek hardtail. Nice bike, but just doesn't get riden much anymore.

My sister just gave me her schwinn moab for free, she decided that since she only used it about 10 times in the last 4 years, that I should just take it. Free is good

My bike

Here she is my HPL Alchemy. Only 5 on the planet. It's a test bike, and I can't wait until the creator comes out with the production, because it will be lighter and oh so nimble. I also have a Stumpjumper FSR that I ride when my Alchemy needs some work.
    She's a sweet ride girls!

donna
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPL Alchemy.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	989  

Wow, that bike looks pretty amazing. How would you say it compares to the Specialized or others you have ridden?

No Comparison

I have ridden a Trek 4300, Specialized Enduro, my Stumpjumper FSR '03 edition, and I can say hands down this is the sweetest ride I have ever had (which includes multiple bike brands that I tired out at the L.A. Bike expo. The bike is so laterally ridged at high speed descent. The torsional rubber shock climbs better than my Stumpy in full lock out. The rear is rated at 4 to 41/2 inches of travel. The bike all around just seems to be easier to get up the mountain. The rear end has teflon lined swage locked spherical bearings that are used in fighter jets. The guy who created this bike is a mechanical engineer and really knows his stuff. I'm hoping and praying that he does come out with the cross country model for the public soon. I just love this bike.
    Can you tell??????

Kitsune06 Guest
    Specialized XC rockhopper, WSD for me... all the original components (so far) but the paint job is different. Since she's also my fun/commuter bike, I painted her flat black once upon a time, and just recently removed some of the black paint in tiger-stripes along the frame, so she's black with blue stripes... or blue with black stripes? I'll see if I can get a pic.

I am a green bean newbie, but I just bought a Gary Fisher Cobia 29er. I bring it home at the end of the week. I have been riding my son's mongoose FS, but the Cobia has a huge difference in the power transfer and ability to flyyyy!!!

Laura
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain