Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by juvel01
    My husband wants me to get a new full suspension Gary Fisher
    I wish my husband wanted me to have this bike...but I am saving.
    My Diamondback is a 33 lbs. But I can't complain because I could lose 15...

I have a full custom DEAN full suspension titanium bike. I have XTR wheels, and mostly xtr components and custom length xtr cranks.

I luuuurrrrrve it. It is so nice to have bike that REALLY fits.

I also have a specialized Dolce road bike, and a pink Giant Simple( single speed with a coaster brake) cruiser.

I have a Giant hardtail, Boulder SE. Nothing fancy, but none of the trails I ride are that rough.

Quote Originally Posted by mellic
    There are some cool bikes here. SalsaMTB I would love to see a picture of your bike!

This year I am riding an 06 Specialized S-works hardtail and it is a very smooth fast ride.
    I posted pic when I first had it built up, but of course I'll post them again They're a little old and I've upgraded a couple things, but not too much!

The pictures of the frame here help capture the color a little better

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    I have a full custom DEAN full suspension titanium bike. I have XTR wheels, and mostly xtr components and custom length xtr cranks.

I also have a specialized Dolce road bike, and a pink Giant Simple( single speed with a coaster brake) cruiser.

I love Dean bikes! My DH has an old dean back when they made steel under the dean name (instead of Ionic). They have great craftsmanship. I would love to see a pic!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi
    your bike is cool! Is it heavy? I have a diamond back from 1988 and it's a rock!
    Thanks...this was my winter project in 2004/05. Heavy...not really. With it's original rigid fork, this bike weighs only 24 pounds. Those suspension forks add another 3 pounds on top of that. I'm tossing around the idea of going back to the rigid forks as I seldom do any real mountain biking these days.

~Sherry.

My husband and i went looking for a bike for me last year. I have a 2004 Giant warp but it was not fitted right for me. So on long rides my shoulders would get really tired. I am short so we tried and tried to find a bike I could try that was my size. None of our lbs had anything. Not one that would fit me. They also wanted a deposite for what ever they ordered. Well my dh started poking around and did some measurements and said he found a frame that would fit me. I was a little reluctent cause he decided to build me a bike. Well he shopped he's heart out for everything down to the tools. And built me my wonderful bike. As a matter of fact he just built one for my best friend too. she wanted to pay him but he said no way. So she has bought him a really cool cycling jersey for he's trouble. He hasn't gotten yet cause he just finished her bike it is going on it's maiden voyage today. I suspect she will give it to him then. Cool huh?
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer

OK jealous... that's a dream bike. But right now am not worthy. It would be toomuch bike for so little skill... but I can dream!
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Salsa I love the snow in your pictures.
    I rode in snow once with my DH in Yosemite Park (not where the lodge is). It was really fun, but a little crazy! We don't get snow here.

Love the bike Salsa! You have pimped it nicely and it must be quite light with the components you are running.

And Jennifer show us the DEAN! What length cranks are you running?

I have a Stumpjumper FSRxc I picked up at a bike swap a year ago for a steal. So much fun to ride!

Erin

i have just a cheapy.... a specialized hardrock:

but i have fun on it... when i do ride it! i haven't been moutain biking at all this year! *gasp*!

Nanci -
    I did get the xs locomoto, it fits perfect, it's gray/black combo, I test rode direct from Titus when I visited AZ. The guys were great and lent me a bike before I decided to purchase. I then purchased at a local bike ship at their suggestion. I also run all my mtb. on 24 in tires, which really helps with standover. Was leary of this at first, but it's been such a confidence builder.

I'm trying to pick a color for my custom mtb., currently thinking pistachio green with thin white stripe, the retro look.

I have a Norco full suspension mtb, size small. Sometimes I think that I should have bought an X-Small, but it feels fine when I am riding. I have dual sided pedals; spd on one side, flat on the other. Right now i ride mostly unclipped because I am finding the spds very hard to get out of. Plus, when I do clip in, my knees hurt after just a short while, compared to my speedplays I have on my road bike. But, I hate riding unclipped, especially when i start climbing. I am thinking of getting Frogs, but I am a little afraid of having to be clipped in all of the time.
    I haven't ridden it too much in the last month or so... so much rain, the trails are a wreck. Today, I went for a 5 mile hike in the pouring rain, on a trail i have ridden on a bit. It is totally puddled and the tiny stream crossings are rushing little rivers. I was just starting to get confident on the mtb and now it will be like starting over again...

almost a classic

I have a kona cindercone, I purchased it in 1995. before that, I had a raleigh M60. I used to mostly mtn bike until about 4 years ago--now, I confess, I ride road.

The kona has been converted to a singlespeed and parts upgraded over the years.

although, I haven't been mtn biking at all this year