Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

OT does anyone have IBS?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I had ibs when I was a teen. Thought it was gone sence I haven't had any problems in years until a couple weeks ago. I have a bit of stress in my life and tada! IBS has reared it's ugly head. I am looking to see if anyone here has it and if so how do you treat it. I don't want to take a perscription. I would rather treat it naturally. Anyone? And I have had test run this past week by my biologist friend who found nothing. I had her run some test just in case. I do travel a lot for work. Never know when you could pick something up in the water.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

I just did a search on the te site and found a thread all about this. So you may ignore this thread if you like. The info I found was very helpful.
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

I have had it all my adult life and suffered terribly for years but I know have it completly under control so I hardly have any symptoms at all. I have no idea what will work for you but here's what worked for me. First of all, my main problem was terrible cramping and diarrhea, 20-30 minues after eating any largish meal (usually only dinner, occasionally lunch.) I tried the medication but didn't find it was the that helpful as it also gave me cramps. The saving grace for me has been to drink a glass of metamucil immediately before I eat dinner. (I actually now take 4-5 metamucil "capsules" with 1-2 glasses of water before I eat.) I'm not exactly sure why it works but I suspect that the metamucil coats my intestinal track before the food hits, and also slows down the digestion/contraction process so I don't get the terrible cramping. I NEVER leave the house without the capsules in my purse now because it allows me to eat at restaurants again, as long as I can get a glass of water before I eat. I have been doing the metamucil thing for about 8 years with almost perfect success. Sometimes I can skip it now and I'm ok but I rarely take chances because it's just not worth it and I figure it's not going to hurt me to take it anyway. Good luck, life is SO much nicer now that I don't have to worry about it.