Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow
    Tea or whatnot would be great. I know there are others that will be there that don't drink alcohol or won't want to drink, so tea would be a great addition. (Note that I have a whole box of the Lipton cold brew in a pinch.)

As for foodstuffs, just bring something to share with the group. Fruit salad ala Fred Meyer (aka Smith's Marketplace) perhaps?
    Tea it is! We can hit Freddy's on the way down and get some salad as well. Cool!
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

2010 Kelson custom/Brooks B17 Imperial
    2009 Masi/Terry Damselfly
    2004 Specialized Dulce Elite/Terry Damselfly
    2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara/unknown saddle
    1987 Bridgestone 100/Terry Liberator X

Um, um ... hopefully my car mates (Jo & Marty) will have ideas on what to bring. But as a scenic rear, so to speak, I'll be fashionably late - what time does the course close? The party's all night, right?

You think you'll be late? We have a boat load of bikes to wait for.

I sure hope she'll let us be late for this very important date.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Oh rats, that hadn't occurred to me.

Well, if the bike bus is going to be waiting for me to finish in order to be able to load up my bike and take off to help set up the party, I'd best opt for the 60 mile after all.

I'd only try to do the 100 mile if there wasn't any big time pressure. I'll be too stressed out otherwise.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Anyone know if it will be possible to start riding before the 8 am start? If registration opens at 7, it seems one (a slow one who needs to finish before the Bike Bus leaves) could start riding earlier....??

What are they going to do if you start early? Tell you the rest stop isn't open. Just start with full bottles (which you do) and some extra food (which you do). There are small communities all the way along the route if you get in a jam and need food, but I suspect that by the stop in Lewiston you'll be on target. The biggest challenge will be elephants. This is rural but not so rural that there are lots of strategic bushes.

Remember also, that there is a 20 mile loop after Lewiston, UT (you ride 20 miles into Idaho and back to Lewiston, UT). If you feel that you're way behind schedule, cut out the 20 miles. You've still got 80.

This effort for this ride is on par with Bike Around the Buttes. I think you'll do fine. The bike bus has to go home, store the bikes in the garage and pick of the MIL so we're going to be late anyway. But I suspect our hostess will be very forgiving. Maybe those of us with the Bike Bus can just get all our potluck shopping done Friday morning and dump, er deliver, it before the ride.

Jo, Veronica, Kim , CindySue, Cyndi, Yau Ming and Marty -- if you're willing, I'll just do a big old list of assigned shopping in the morning and divy up the cost. How's that sound?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I feel so out of the loop on all the planning. Stupid computers... anyway. Whatever you do is fine by me SK. Just tell me where to be and when and how much money to give you. (within reason of course!)

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Sounds good.