Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Erie Canal

Erie Canal

To disable ads, please log-in.

A great trip is cycling the Erie Canal from Buffalo to Albany. 50% is on old tow paths and the other on paved roads. Nice ride.

Erie Canal from Syracuse to Rome

Hi, I noticed an old post about the Erie Canal bike route. I will be in Syracuse July 18 weekend (hubby going to Street Rod Show) I have been finding some info about the Canal path, I think I at least know where the trailhead for Syracuse is . How about things to see along the way, are there towns to explore etc. along the way. I expect to do a return trip 72 miles I think, so I probably wwill want to stop often, but maybe not for long periods of time. Any suggestions? thanks Paintgirl

It's been a while since we did the trip. We started in Buffallo to Albany in July 2001...sponsored by Erie Canal. We loved it. There is plenty to see...little towns, shops, historical places. If you are in Syr. there is an Erie Canal Museum Downtown. It has maps and lists of all the sights along the canal. They were very helpful to us. Have fun.
    Chrys