Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Exclamation Maybe another Century?

To disable ads, please log-in.

So, after having completed my first century and now recovered enough (my hand is finally coming back into it's own) I am debating another one. The lighthouse ride over at the coast this fall..........still not 100% sure that I will do it, but very tempted!!! You guys said I would!

I have however decided to do the Tour De Cure again next year in Napa in May! Maybe I will finish in less than 9hrs!

Wizzer

Hey Wizzer,

There are several of us in SoCal doing the Lighthouse on 9/30, please join us!!! The registration opens 6/5 midnight and it sells out in a day!

Tracy

ps. Are you planning any between now and then? Where is Hanford?

Question Lighthouse

Hanford is south of Fresno, kind of in the middle of nowhere really with lots of agriculture and cows!

Thanks for the info on the Lighthouse though, how much is it to register?

Wizzer

I knew I'd seen the signs for Hanford! Now I know where it was! I travel up 5 and 99 pretty often so I'm sure that's why it sound familiar!

Not positive about the entry fee but I think its going to be $45... yup, just checked the website... here's the link:

http://www.slobc.org/Lighthouse.html

Hope you can come ride it; I think there will be 4-5 people from TE there so far... hopefully more!

Have a great day!

Tracy

I think you should! After a few, you reach a level of conditioning where you can just do a Century ride whenever you want to. Then that takes a long time to wear off!

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Nice thing about Lighthouse, if you do the "flat" route and that term is relative... its basically out and back so if you are struggling, you can just turn around at any point and head back. Frankly the ride out pass the Lighthouse (which I guess is the point of the ride) can be a real drag - wind drag that is. Alot of folks can't handle the wind (which can gust up to 35 - 40 mph) and turn around at the last rest stop before the Lighthouse. Makes the ride around 70 miles I think.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl