Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

cool (non-TE) ride report, Mines Rd & Mt. Hamilton

To disable ads, please log-in.

I always enjoy the detailed and informative ride reports a man named Bill Bushnell posts describing his long rides throughout the south end of the San Francisco Bay area, and points (well!) beyond.

Here's a report he posted on his recent ride along Mines Road and up the backside of Mt. Hamilton, which he did the same day as the Devil Mountain Double: http://bushnell.homeip.net/~bill/bik...2006.04.29.htm

He posted lots of nice photos he took along the route, but one photo in particular caught my eye, with the following commentary:

"About a mile from the top of the climb I came upon a small rest stop for the DMD. One of their guys offered me a can of V8. At first I refused, not wanting to freeload their supplies since I hadn’t entered their event. But he insisted, and I couldn’t refuse. He asked me if I was hot in there (under the fairing). I told him that the fairing is more like an umbrella than a jacket."

Check out the photo - could the man in the dark shirt and floppy brim hat standing next to the Subaru be none other than Veronica's Thom?

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Shore looks like it to my peepers. You know how pushy he gets with those V8s.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I was there that day and it sure looks like him to me!!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Yep - that would be honey. That's one of the many things I love about the Quacks - doesn't matter if you're doing their ride, or some other ride, if you need something, they'll help you out.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com