Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Zoic capri bummer

To disable ads, please log-in.

Got my order (which I placed Friday afternoon) today from TE. Dang, that was fast! Unfortunately, the Zoic capris I ordered are terrifyingly small. The chickie on the phone said they tend to run small when I asked her. I was a bit concerned because all my measurements are at the edge of the size cut off L to XL. But they didn't have any XL. So I sprang for L and crossed my fingers.

Other than that, they were great. Nice soft material, good pockets, adjustable waist. The liner was nice too, it fit me very well and the chamois was light.

If they had fit me, I think they'd've been great for riding and for wearing to work. Really like the zippered thigh pockets.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Yep, those are the ones. Sigh, and they were gonna change my life, too. I was gonna be sooooo sexy. And fashionable. And faster by at least 3 mph. And my teeth were gonna look whiter, my eyes greener, my hair redder, and my freckles cuter. Gorgeous hotties were gonna offer to buy me drinks and clamor for my attention.

Really.

The chickie I talked to Friday said she didn't know if they would be getting any XL's again this year. If you are a 12, don't try the L.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Darn, well, I'm nowhere near a 12 I guess I'll just have to keep flossing and training for whiter teeth and 3 mph faster speed.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Seems like those urban style knickers are kinda slim through the hips... or maybe I have big hips.

Have you checked out the Gore Terra Lady 3/4 Knickers or the Shebeest Boardrider Capris? Both of those are available in XL. And if you order another pair as an exchange, TE won't charge to ship those out to you.

I tried the Shebeest ones in a large at the LBS. They looked way too tight and they didn't have an XL for me to try. They're kind of expensive anyway so I almost passed on them all together, but then REI had a sale so I used their 20% discount coupon and my member refund and it ended up being a nice deal. The XL's are slim at the hip and loose at the waist, but they have a little waist adjustment thingie which helps a lot. Plus the knees are articulated so you don't feel the fabric tugging at your thighs with every pedal stroke.

~Cari

Those are cool, too. Part of why I really wanted the Zoics is that they are cotton. And I could wear them to work.

One of the biker chicks at work said she might be interested in my Zoics, so she'll try them on tomorrow.

I've been wearing my Royal Robbins capris with bike shorts underneath. Works well, so I'm interested in other capris. Especially with leg gussets like the Zoics have.

Maybe i should go check out the Gramicci website, too.

You might be looking specifically for a capri with a chamois or a pad, but if not, I really like these capris for my ride to work:

llbean ripstop capri

I like that they don't grab tightly around the thigh. They also have the articulated knees. There is one rear zipper pocket (and the two front reg. pockets). I also wear them hiking and kayaking, so they are good all around. They dry quickly.

I bought the pearl izumi versa capri from TE, and while I like the fabric and it is stretchy, the hips really hug. I feel like I need to wear something long with them.
    Last edited by miffy'sFuji; 05-24-2006 at 07:52 AM.

Ooooh! The LLBean capris come in red! I may have to get a pair.....

http://tinyurl.com/lg6bx

I love these, but I don't know where I'd ever wear them. I wish they'd come down in price to about half. Then I couldn't resist.

Nanci
    "...I'm like the cycling version of the guy in Flowers for Algernon." Mike Magnuson

Yes, but will any of them change your life?

I'm getting tempted by these. When I ride to work I bring a change of shirt but I stay in bike tights. Pants that look like pants would change my life

LL bean makes a capri with the chamois
    Last edited by Trek420; 05-24-2006 at 09:53 AM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

Anyone tried llbean's cycling capri?

One thing I like about the ones I mentioned earlier in the thread is that they come in numbered sizes rather than S-M-L. Numbered sizes work better for me.

Something new to change my life. I shall become a wild and free spirit, singing into the wind, spreading joy to all who meet me, a smile on everyone's face as I ride by.

and gorgeous hotties will be offering to buy me drinks and clamoring for my attention... (mustn't forget that part!! )

http://www.terrybicycles.com/detail....s&item_no=1264

I could wear them to work, too. And I can order the Wacoal CWX bra, which only Terry and Sahalie seem to carry.

If TE had both of these I'd be ordering them from TE.

KnottedYet "and gorgeous hotties will be offering to buy me drinks and clamoring for my attention...(mustn't forget that part!! )"

will gorgeous hotties be able to get your attention over the loudness of the pants?

you go girrl, I could not carry it off the look, besides...clashes with my bike unless I go ahead and get my GT powder coated. Can walk into my LBS "here, match these".
    Last edited by Trek420; 05-24-2006 at 07:56 PM.
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Folder ~ Brompton

I got called "sir" today at REI. I guess only men look at bikes, so there I was looking at bikes and "can I help you, sir?". I don't look like a "sir" and I was so stunned that all I could do was look the guy in the eye and say no.

Now, if I'd been wearing those LOVELY prana bike capris, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN CALLED "SIR"!!!

Why do I always get called "sir"? I'm not butch. Tomboy femme, but definitely not butch. Is it because I'm tall? Is it because I don't have SCREAMING LOUD pants with HALLUCINOGENIC psycho flowers?

It is about the pants, Lance.

Oh, crud. I am so sad.

Terry is sold out of psycho capris.

Someone out there is riding around in MY capris. (and gorgeous hotties are offering to by her drinks and blah blah blah...)