Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Mt Diablo 5/27/06 -TE Girls' Hill Training Prog back in progress

To disable ads, please log-in.

Day: Saturday, May 27
    Start: 7:30 or earlier if it is hot
    Where: Train Museum in Danville http://www.museumsrv.org/directions.html
    After Ride Rehab Location: Local Mexican restaurant (the one across the street or the New Mexican one?)
    Distance - 15 miles climbing up 3,850' and then back down the same path.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 05-21-2006 at 08:26 PM.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

CindySue! Where are you? Can you come so we can see the new bike? And see you too of course. And what about the BF? When do we get to meet him?

hmmm, I'm going to a friend's baby's babtism that afternoon in San Jose. Can't miss it. So! We need to start early in the morning! I need to be home by 11am so I can be on the road by 11:30. Let's see, how about 7:30am for a ride start?

BF is flying that weekend; contest in Paseo Robles. But, you'll meet him in Utah.
    I won't have my shoes (spd) in time for diablo but I hope to have them in time for LRRH. Adidas is the lunachix sponsor this year and I plan to order shoes tomorrow but I imagine it will take a week or two to receive them. Andrew and I are leaving for Utah Thursday morning. He'll stop at a job site on the way down, work for the afternoon and then stay the night there. We'll drive into SLC Friday morning-- do some sight-seeing and look at some property and then see what's up for Friday evening (I need to go check that thread again).
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

7:30 it is unless it is going to be hot and then we're moving it even earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    7:30 it is unless it is going to be hot and then we're moving it even earlier.
    sounds good to me. If we move it a little earlier (say 7am), I can join you all for a quick bite.....
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

Question about the Hill Training

do you folks work on down hill skills? or do you just work on climbing progressively more challenging hills?

After the ride I want to work on skills like this. Aside from the skills, I think it would be good to have something to focus on after the ride.
    Living a life that matters doesn’t happen by accident.
    It’s not a matter of circumstance but of choices.
    Choose to live a life that matters.-

In remembrance of Amber Stumbaugh, DVM

Quote Originally Posted by shadon
    do you folks work on down hill skills? or do you just work on climbing progressively more challenging hills? After the ride I want to work on skills like this. Aside from the skills, I think it would be good to have something to focus on after the ride.
    This is a GREAT route for practicing downhill skills. I can show you a few things (as can many others) but consider taking a skills clinic. There are several offered here in the bay area including the Velogirls and the LUNA Chix clinics.

There is a skills clinic coming up on June 11th in Marin. I think there is still space available. If you are interested, see: http://www.lunachix.net/061106.pdf
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

I'm just going to jump in here and whine about not having cool things like skills clinics around here.

Brandy "I'm just going to jump in here and whine about not having cool things like skills clinics around here. "

you could always move

Shadon, looks like the next Velogirls Skills class happens while you're on the ride.

http://velogirls.com/calendar.php

but good training for ALC 6?
    Last edited by Trek420; 05-22-2006 at 07:13 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

DRAT!

I misread the invitation.

the babtism is at 10am. The post-babtism celebration is at 1pm.

Does this mean the babtism will take almost 3 hours? Anyone here Catholic?
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

I'm with PetitePois that day as MMP has a ride - if I could get her up and out by 6:30 I'd come on the tandem with her and do what we can. I'll see how it goes. Maybe we start late. We need to start getting some tandem rides in. But I have a very tough 100 - 110 miler Sunday and then the Eastern Sierra Double century the next weekend, so the wiser thing may be just to do a local tandem ride on the flats. I'll play it by ear. Have fun!
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Quote Originally Posted by cindysue
    This is a GREAT route for practicing downhill skills. I can show you a few things (as can many others) but consider taking a skills clinic. There are several offered here in the bay area including the Velogirls and the LUNA Chix clinics.

There is a skills clinic coming up on June 11th in Marin. I think there is still space available. If you are interested, see: http://www.lunachix.net/061106.pdf

THAT's what i need! A skills clinic! I'll be on the ride for this one, but I'm gonna look out for another afterwards. Thank you!
    Living a life that matters doesn’t happen by accident.
    It’s not a matter of circumstance but of choices.
    Choose to live a life that matters.-

In remembrance of Amber Stumbaugh, DVM

Uh, Shadon, are you expecting a skills clinic on this ride going up Diablo? It's really a cardio training ride, no coaching or teaching expected. Everyone at his or her own speed or chatting companionably with another if that floats your boat that day.

Descending Diablo from the junction down could be a good place to teach someone descending skills, but the section from the summit to the junction could be terrifying for someone who doesn't have decent descending skills already. If you climb to the junction and wait for us. We could work with you on the way down, but truthfully it's better not to stand around waiting for people and then get on your bike and immediately start a high speed descent. Find a skills clinic. Find someone on the ALC ride and ask for pointers. Ask someone with good skills if they'll slow down so you can follow them.

Anyone have any good articles we could post in a separate thread? I'll start one.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 05-22-2006 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420
    Brandy "I'm just going to jump in here and whine about not having cool things like skills clinics around here. "

you could always move
    I can see it now.

Me: We need to move to the bay area
    DH: Why?
    Me: Well, it makes sense. They have cool women's cycling clubs and they offer bike skills clinics that will help me to master descending.
    DH: You must be smokin' crack woman!

no whining ;-)

Brandy,

And they say we don't recruit sure, stay in So. Cal, be that way....because look, the So Cal Gals are starting their own get togethers

happy now?

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=6860
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/