Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

crazy Jr. 2 wheeled driver!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Okay, I live in a subdivision with lots of kids. It's one of the things that I liked when I moved in, but it seems they're all turning into know it all teenagers at once!!

Yesterday I took my bike out in my neighborhood - something I rarely do now because of the speed bumps and stop signs. I was riding in the middle of the road because we are also a neighborhood full of cars...when suddenly this kid comes FLYING out of his yard and into the middle of the street street on a skate board! I have NO IDEA how I didn't run him over - or how I got my feet un hooked before I fell over. The kid didn't even look back! I said "hon, you need to be careful - there are cars all over the place in here and you're going to get hit if you keep riding like that." The little s#%! says, "humpphhh - you're not a car......." and flies away.

I knocked on the door of his house and told his mother that her angel almost ran me down in the street and had yet to apologize...FYI..... she aplogized and seemed really shocked - but who knows. Hope he's not aiming for me next time....

I usually ride in my neighborhood (which is also just about what you described) and I think it's why my average pace is stuck at around 14.33mph. Too many 4 way stops, crazy drivers & kiddies everywhere. I wonder where their mom's are sometimes! They're really little & just come flying out of their driveways into the street on bikes, skateboards, etc.

There was one in the neighborhood last week who was running his bike into his golden retriever and laughing his little brat head off. I told him to stop -- he could really hurt the dog!