Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do not eat....

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ever notice how the banana window gets shorter in the summer?

I like the power bar gel - banana strawberry. I'm getting pretty good at slime-ing one down whilst on the bike. Problem is - I won't litter and the outside gets sticky - yuck. So, my jersey pocket gets a little gooey and my cell phone is a little sticky, but it all washes out. Obviously, I don't care enough about the sticky stuff to actually stop & gag one down.

Cilantro is good stuff! Salsa isn't salsa without it! If it gets minced, it releases nasty oils & becomes quite strong.

Ditto on pears - gritty food - ugh. And catfish...you know what THEY eat...EEWWWW!!

How about tuna? Anybody have a good way of making it not taste like...tuna? It's such a great protein source.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmama
    Cilantro is good stuff! (...) How about tuna? Anybody have a good way of making it not taste like...tuna? It's such a great protein source.
    Add cilantro to the tuna, and maybe some lemon?

mmmmmm, that sounds good.

I ate an entire can of turkey Spam on Friday. Didn't taste like tuna at all. Didn't taste like turkey, either....

Gotta love salted fat!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

tlkiwi - I keep re-reading your post - it gives me the giggles. For the most part I wholeheartedly agree - especially creepy, sloppy stuff, but nothing, nothing will ever turn me off 42 Below Feijoa vodka. Mmmmmmmmm.

My most despised food has to be jelly. Uck! And when you think of what gelatine is from... Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Off to make myself a feijoa vodka now....

mmm tea!

Well, my mom's English and so I grew up drinking tea a billion times a day, so coffee was the natural next step. Now I'm a fiend for the stuff.

~BikeMomma[/QUOTE]

Tea...love tea. Drink hot tea every morning and iced tea the rest of the day. (I am southern, after all. It's in the credo.) My mouth just never made the conversion to coffee. I think I would have better luck with chitlins!

Another coffee hater here!

Quote Originally Posted by Beth-Ro
    I'm just gonna say it out loud for the world to hear...

Coffee. Bleh!

Coffee invokes my gag reflex in a way no other food or drink substance even comes close to. And no frappa-lappa-whatchamacallit can cover up the nasty flavor of coffee! It just can't be doctored up enough to make my mouth happy about it. Of course, that whole Starbucks $5 bucks a cup has just completely passed me by, so I've saved some money there.

-beth-ro
    YES!!! I am not alone! I despise the taste of coffee. There is nothing, no flavored creamer, or whatnot that will get rid of that nasty aftertaste!

I also can't do scrambled eggs (texture thing), lima beans (just yucky), Brussles sprouts (barf!), organ meats (eww!) or hominy (gag!).

Oh, have any of you ladies tried freezing your bananas? If said 'nanas are getting ripe, peel, slice into chunks, toss into a container and freeze. I do this once the freckles start to appear and they keep for quite awhile. Easy to toss into a smoothie mix.
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

2010 Kelson custom/Brooks B17 Imperial
    2009 Masi/Terry Damselfly
    2004 Specialized Dulce Elite/Terry Damselfly
    2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara/unknown saddle
    1987 Bridgestone 100/Terry Liberator X

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi in oz
    ...but nothing, nothing will ever turn me off 42 Below Feijoa vodka. Mmmmmmmmm.
    I guess I would accept that if there were nothing else to drink in the house, but why would I have bought it in the first place when there are all those other, non-feijoa varieties of 42 Below goodness I would much prefer.

P.S. For those who don't know what a feijoa is... http://www.feijoa.org.nz/ Now, excuse me while I run around finding and correcting the spelling of 'feijoa' in my previous post.

P.P.S. Woe is me! It's too late! The window of editing feasibility has slammed shut!
    Last edited by DirtDiva; 05-22-2006 at 12:16 PM.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Let's not get on to the topic of drinking and booze , fellow Kiwis
    in Aotearoa/Enzed or overseas...
    remember what happened last time when we got a pointed post from the moderator
    We must be sensitive to other anthropologies of alcohol...at least when we are sober

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

I LOVE spinach... never had it growing up.

Clif Bars give me gas. Not horrible (like the wrong combo of cooked onions and garlic adn roasted veggies that are delicious BUTT...) but... they're not worth it.

On tonight's ride over a flat (before the bad fall) we were discussing the versatility of GU (the wrapper was used for a boot when I had an old tire fail and we speculated on its usefulness as "slime")... with the words of wisdom that "Gu should not be used for butt balm."

the only good thing about coffee is the smell of the beans before it's brewed. Again, the whole Starbuck's thing past me by.

Orange juice. I use to love orange juice. Pregnancy and the whole diabetes testing during it (you know the "orange" flavored stuff you drink) ruined that. I tried about a year ago to drink some oj and couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate
    By the way, I had brussel sprouts for dinner two nights in a row now. Yummmm.
    Sorry, but brussel sprouts are just wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by dachshund
    Sorry, but brussel sprouts are just wrong!
    I used to be against them (and quite radically so!) and now I enjoy them!!

Sprinkled with just a pinch of sugar (or a tiny spoon of maple sugar) it takes of the bitterness and makes them fabulous...

I had a friend that actually got upset when I discovered I liked a particular dish at Cheescake Factory. "But it has eggplant in it!!" If you didn't know what it was, you think it was grilled mushrooms. (Evelyn's Favorite Pasta, if anyone is curious) Same person freaked when I ordered Beet Soup.

RoadRaven,

The KiaOra ad was my favourite as a kid - could never stand the horrible synthetic squash though.

My gag food of choice is:

Egg custard. My mum made me eat a dishful one day for dessert - and I repaid the favour by barfing it back up again all over my parents' bed in the middle of the night!
    Never been able to even look at one without heaving since.

And coffee - being terribly British, I'm a tea-head.
    Despite recent attempts to consume the most frothalicious cappucino, I'm still at a loss why anyone would chose this beverage over paint stripper and go into quite impressive facial spasms whenever I try.

Oh - and cherry flavoured stuff - reminds me of the threadworm medicine I once had to glug as a kid - the digestive/intestinal effect was quite rapid and not something I'd ever want to repeat!
    Life is Good!

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet
    mmmmmm, that sounds good.

I ate an entire can of turkey Spam on Friday. Didn't taste like tuna at all. Didn't taste like turkey, either....

Gotta love salted fat!
    Turkey Spam? Didn't know there was such an animal. Add Spam to my "ick" list. It featured in a lot of my mom's "specialities" when I was growing up (spam and baked beans, for example).

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly