Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do not eat....

To disable ads, please log-in.

It's all about texture...
    • Can't stand pears and fijoas because of the grittiness, and I don't like eating/drinking anything pear or fijoa flavoured (like juice, for example) because it reminds me of the texture.
    • Sloppy stuff has to have lots of flavour. Custard grosses me out. Some flavours of yoghurt are great and some are heinous. Am seriously afraid of energy gel products and have thus far refused to try them.
    • Chewy is generally good, as is crunchy.

I'm not into fruit flavourings, especially fake cherry, fake banana, fake peach and fake coconut. Lollies that just taste of green or purple or red or whatever are fine. Can't stand bubblegum flavour.

I'll eat anything if I have to though, and I'll certainly try anything once ('cept maybe those gels).
    Last edited by DirtDiva; 05-20-2006 at 04:59 AM.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

I can't drink Starbuck's coffee. Too strong and bitter. I'm a Dunkin' Donuts coffee kind of girl.

By the way, Lara bars has a new flavor---MAYA (chocolate coffee). It's really, really good.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Power gel. Eek. I saw a guy at the Giro down a power gel and he retched too.

Imagine having to eat these all along a professional cycling career...
    It's a little secret you didn't know about us women. We're all closet Visigoths.

2008 Roy Hinnen O2 - Selle SMP Glider
    2009 Cube Axial WLS - Selle SMP Glider
    2007 Gary Fisher HiFi Plus - Specialized Alias

It's true. Gels are disgusting. But....easy to carry, and easy to digest. I ate five of them along the marathon course, and I wish I'd eaten twice as many. I could've used the calories. It's kind of like some other things in life--I just make up my mind that I'm going to do it, open the packet, squeeze it into my mouth, and swallow. Water immediately after. Some flavors are more gag-a-trocious than others. I can handle chocolate and strawberry/kiwi the best. I don't think that has anything to do with NZ.

tlkiwi--I love custard. Love it, love it, love it. And I think gels are disgusting. I strongly recommend you don't try them!

There are certain artificial fruit flavors that I really can't abide. Cherry, because it reminds me of medicine in childhood. Grape, because it's just gross. I do love "blue raspberry", but I think that's just a childish delight in blue food. L.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Lise
    I know this is strange, but lima beans and creamed spinach are two of my favorite vegetables. Really.
    I like lima beans and (non-creamed) spinach too! But somewhere along the line I got hooked on edamame (soy) - I usually choose those first over the limas because of the protein in the soy beans. The taste reminds me of lima beans too.

--- Denise
    www.denisegoldberg.com

• Click here for links to journals and photo galleries from my travels on two wheels and two feet.
    • Random thoughts and experiences in my blog at denisegoldberg.blogspot.com

"To truly find yourself you should play hide and seek alone."
    (quote courtesy of an unknown fortune cookie writer)

Quote Originally Posted by CA_in_NC
    Now the green tea blackberry frapp - Yum! Requires many, many miles of biking to burn off those calories, though.
    i know this is a do NOT thread, but I have to second the green tea frap in the middle of a long bike ride - yum!
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

It's true. Gels are disgusting. But....easy to carry, and easy to digest. I ate five of them along the marathon course, and I wish I'd eaten twice as many. I could've used the calories.
    you all should try the new Clif Blocs. If you were here, I'd give you a sample. I love them. They taste like gummy bears, have all the calories and carbs you'd get from a gel but aren't as messy!
    Cheers!

Cindy

Team Luna Chix

No creamed spinach for me, any other form of spinach I love. Pears? Yecch! I'm with you on that one tlkiwi! I'm not overly fond of Starbucks either - agree on the burned taste. I'm a Peets girl - love the coffee; and they have a Jasmine Green Iced Tea that is awesome.

Grape flavor anything - juice, candy, popcicles - turn my tummy. I was given a grape popcicle when I had my tonsils out - haven't been able to stomach the flavor since. Thankfully it doesn't affect my taste for wine...

For those of you who don't like Starbucks coffee- ask for a Misto. It's a caffe au lait. I get it with extra milk and extra foam. Then I can stand their coffee. Otherwise, I agree, it's too bitter!
    Nancy

I actually like spinach, but fresh. It took me years to realize I actually liked it. I tend to go through a cycle of re-trying all of the foods that I've previously hated, but one thing I absolutely cannot get over is orange juice.

My mother fed me orange juice on the morning before I got a 5-day long stomach virus. For years, I couldn't even abide the smell. Not it actually smells a bit good to me, but I'm afraid to try it again. To be honest, the idea of the texture kind of squicks me out.

Breakfast would be so much easier if I weren't terrified of orange juice!

Gels are disgusting. But....easy to carry, and easy to digest.
    Well, unlike you and AlpineRabbit, I like them - as long as you can swig some water afterwards (as the packet instructs anyways). I like banana "GU"... almost no taste except sweet - I couldn't tell you it was banana flavoured.

Kiwi - I'm not a fan of custard, but GU is no prob. With our support and counselling you may even get over your gelphobia.

Some flavors are more gag-a-trocious than others. I can handle chocolate and strawberry/kiwi the best. I don't think that has anything to do with NZ.
    In the US, Kiwi is kiwifruit?(Or Zespri, as our marketers here have decided to rename it - before they were kiwifruit they called them "Chinese gooseberries" )

LOL - I said kia ora to a friend in England and he said "orange juice?" and i said "what?" and he said, "do you want orange juice?" and I said "what????!"
    Kiwi, you must have seen it - apparently "kia ora" is a brand of orange juice over there!

Quote Originally Posted by winddance
    My mother fed me orange juice on the morning before I got a 5-day long stomach virus. For years, I couldn't even abide the smell. Not it actually smells a bit good to me, but I'm afraid to try it again. To be honest, the idea of the texture kind of squicks me out.

Breakfast would be so much easier if I weren't terrified of orange juice!
    Hey there, WindDance, my partner is the same - but I fed him some nice hot salty chips (fries in America) and it was 15 years before he could face them again!
    Last edited by RoadRaven; 05-20-2006 at 12:27 PM.

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    There's this "protein" bar, can't remember the name right now (because it was so traumatic that I blocked it) that made me just about puke. I mean. I don't even want to know what you have to put in a bar to get 56 gm of protein in there, but I'm thinking Soylent Green or something...and then, to have the gall, the gall! to call it "cookie dough" flavor. BARF!
    Sounds like a PROMAX BAR I once attempted to eat while at very high elevation (about 13,000 feet). Uh, yeah, BARF!

Since SK introduced me to Mojo Bars, no need to look elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseGoldberg
    I like lima beans and (non-creamed) spinach too! But somewhere along the line I got hooked on edamame (soy) - I usually choose those first over the limas because of the protein in the soy beans. The taste reminds me of lima beans too.--- Denise
    Maybe that's why I like edamame so much!

cindysue--I got a sample of Cliff Blocs at an Expo, and I'm going to try them at the tri tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Raw whole carrot gives me hiccups.
    Our factory's very intelligent, very sexy, x-th dan black belt in something exotic Food Technologist gave me a technical explanation for this; but I have forgotten what he said. (Probably something hormonal)

Grated is ok tho'

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

Cantaloupes - makes the roof of my mouth itch - unless organic.

Ripe bananas - ugh.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid