Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeless in WI
    Nope. Don't know that one, so can't even tell what's wrong, or guess what a Korean accent might be doing to it. But songs are a rich source of Engrish. I remember my Mom being puzzled about one popular rock song years ago. Why ever would they be singing "There's a bathroom on the right"? I'll leave you to guess the song, those of you old enough to remember it.
    Bad moon! Bad moon! And it's on the rise, people!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Dianyla
    I know the song! You may enjoy this site, then:

http://www.kissthisguy.com/
    THANK YOU.

You have finally cleared up "Blinded By the Light" for me. I just knew that "reved up like a deuchent in the roter of the night" didn't make any sense. What the *H* is a "deuchent" anyway? Not to mention the roter of the night? Well, we never need to know now, do we?
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

That's better than what I always heard:

Wrapped up like a douche another runner in the night.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lise
    THANK YOU.

You have finally cleared up "Blinded By the Light" for me. I just knew that "reved up like a deuchent in the roter of the night" didn't make any sense. What the *H* is a "deuchent" anyway? Not to mention the roter of the night? Well, we never need to know now, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by colby
    One of these days I'll take a picture, but there is this sign at the Flaming Wok in the local mall that says "Let Us Cook Your Party!"

As for hospitals, my favorite so far is a sign for one hospital's information services/technology department that is labeled: "MIS INFORMATION"
    Both of these should go to Jay Leno for his Headlines segment.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by colby
    As for hospitals, my favorite so far is a sign for one hospital's information services/technology department that is labeled: "MIS INFORMATION"
    Not as funny, but equally redundant..."PIN Number", "DSW Warehouse". OK now. It's either PI Number, and DS Warehouse, or it's just PIN and DSW. You cannot have it both ways...and yet...you do.

PS, the date was great. By non eecky, he meant "not icky". Trying to reassure me that he was a nice guy. Communicates much better in person than email. I can't imagine that typing on a "blackberry" helps matters.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Wow Lise, glad the guy was truly non-eecky. I get the Blackberry thing. When I am on my Treo, capitals go out the window and my big thumbs often hit the wrong key
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Who is Sticky?

ok I just have to share this. I was looking at this forum for the second time with my boyfriend and I said..."who is Sticky he sure has a lot of responses" no wait it gets better... then I said "I am pretty sure I have seen him on other forums too he must have a lot of time on his hands" After my BF stopped rolling on the floor (about 10 minutes later) he explained it to me.

My favorite wrong lyric moment occured at a farm - a bunch of us were all doing mundane chores in the seed room and singing the Beatles song "Michelle" - and during the line in French, Smokey Joe belts out

"Someday, monkeys won't play piano songs, play piano songs..."

we all froze, Joe sang a another line or 2 then realized the room had gone silent...."What? What?"

When we finished howling and explained, he petulantly pointed out that it wasn't any more senseless than "I am the Walrus, koo koo kachoo"

Saw this on Craig's list and had enough of a chuckle that I thought I'd share:

Fabulous established pompous grass free to you.

We are trying to make room in our yard, to do that we are giving away our recently trimmed low (to make it easy for transport) fabulous pompous grass plant. It is at least 15 years old, is large and very healthy.

It will also tick off all of your other landscape with its attitude.......
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Ah ha! That explains how such an ecological disaster of imported flora is taking over the world - sheer ego.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 06-20-2006 at 09:38 AM.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I was at one of my best friends birthday's last night. And the birthday girl managed to drink a whole bottle of wine by herself. At one point she was trying to say emancipation instead she said emaculation. It was the funniest thing said all night almost fell out of my chair. She was laughing so hard at herself as well she announced she was cutting herself off then had a glass of champaign. I need to call her and see how she is feeling today?
    Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
    > Remember to appreciate all the different people in your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Eden
    Saw this on Craig's list and had enough of a chuckle that I thought I'd share:

Fabulous established pompous grass free to you.

We are trying to make room in our yard, to do that we are giving away our recently trimmed low (to make it easy for transport) fabulous pompous grass plant. It is at least 15 years old, is large and very healthy.

It will also tick off all of your other landscape with its attitude.......
    In california you are not alloud to plant pompous grass any more. It chokes out the native plants!

A glass of champaign, eh? Was this followed by a shot of Urbana?

-- Sue from Champaign-Urbana, IL, who is prone to sing "The night they invented champaign" on the way into town

Quote Originally Posted by Geonz
    A glass of champaign, eh? Was this followed by a shot of Urbana?

-- Sue from Champaign-Urbana, IL, who is prone to sing "The night they invented champaign" on the way into town
    No , lol!! Very funny!

I can't tell where the misspellings are on purpose or to be funny!
    okay, on porpoise.
    eeeek!