Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Beauty & The Beast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I know a few of ya'll are in North Texas, anyone riding this weekend? DH and I are camping in Tyler and going to conquer the beast! I don't know if this hill is as bad as the hype, but I am trying to give myself plenty of confidence.

We can't seem to get to Tyler for this ride despite our best efforts the last few years. Two years ago we bailed last minute because of some serious storms and last year dh had to work. This year they put it on the same day as a ride about 5 miles from home so maybe next year?!? I hear the Beast is a little over a half a mile with grades in excess of 10% at some points. There's also the Baby Beast closer to the end. Please post about the experience so I'll know what it's really like. I'll live vicariously through you! I'm sure you'll do great! Drink lots, it's gonna be hot Saturday!

Steph- I posted a full report in the "Open Topics". This was a great ride, hope you can make it next year!
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan