Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

OH yeah... do I know that one. I told the young English volunteer in the ambulance "You have the most beautiful eyes " and called the nurse in Accident and Emergency a Goddess...
    It's a perfectly normal reaction to the feeling that people are not falling in love with you quickly enough! (That is, immediately)

Glad to hear you're on-the-mend.
    Take it real easy till the brain has got over being joggled about like a jelly (jello) in a box.
    Good thing we have a skull, innit?

Btw DavidDuffield was saying in his Giro commentary the other day that helmets are about 98% air in teeny-tiny little bubbles all thru the foam (which is most of the 2%, the rest being paint and stickers)

All you need is love...la-dee-da-dee-da...all you need is love!

God love ya tlkiwi,

I thank me lucky charms that you are (relatively) o.k. You are truly a good sport and generous to entertain us cycling fans.

I hope you can take it easy for a few days and monitor for potential problems. You brought back memories of shining bright little lights in my patient's eyes.

Quillfred (Granddaughter of an Aussie transplant)

~~~~~GOOD. LORD.~~~~~

When you do it, you do it up right, eh?!? I'm voting for the holly crown decorated new helmet. Glad to hear you're here to tell the tale. That "T" is a keeper. I do think a bit better of the NHS now. Our adult happy meals are significantly less interesting or tasty. Heal up and let us know how it's going! L.
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Oh, goodness, I about sprayed tea all over my monitors! Thanks for the laugh. Hope you are back on your bike soon!
    Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

2010 Kelson custom/Brooks B17 Imperial
    2009 Masi/Terry Damselfly
    2004 Specialized Dulce Elite/Terry Damselfly
    2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara/unknown saddle
    1987 Bridgestone 100/Terry Liberator X

*That's* an adventure. Holly stickers on helmet and bike, and hope everything is back rolling soon! HOly Holly, indeed!

Well, at least you know how to make the most of trying to brain yourself

Excessive warp speeds have been shown to rip the fabric of space time, so it is recommended that you go no faster than Warp 4 until your engines can be upgraded to the newer, less destructive models.

Glad to hear you survived (mostly) intact. What a ride.
    "The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to venture beyond them into the impossible." ~Arthur C. Clarke

residentgeek.livejournal.com

What a crack up!

I mean the way you told the story, of course ! So glad to hear you're all right. And that T does deserve a beverage or 6!

Thank you for all your well wishes. I'm glad I could entertain with my tale of misadventure. I certainly enjoyed recounting it - had the giggles so badly by the time I'd finished writing that I couldn't get to sleep. I still can't believe that of all the plants I could have landed in I ended up in the prickly one.

T and I have decided it is not safe for us to go riding together without adult supervision (after our previous outing she had to have x-rays to make sure she hadn't broken any ribs in a remarkable ditch dive)!!!
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

"Heeeeelp! I'm in the f***ing holly bush!"

Classic. Great story. Glad you're ok
    "Only the meek get pinched, the bold survive"

I was also laughing and feeling guilty about it! You have a great sense of humor. Hope you and your bike are okay!

KB

tlkiwi;

I sure am glad your o.k. and well enough to write the funniest crash story I have ever read.

karen
    Quitting is NOT an option!
    Know the signs of stroke!! www.stroke.org

Holy cow, Woman! You had me laughing like crazy and feeling quite guilty for doing so. I'm so glad you're all right. Keep us posted. I'll never hear that old Christmas carol, "The Holly and the Ivy" without thinking of you.

soooooo

What you're saying is that you didn't make it back to the carpark to meet those folks for lunch?

I'm certainly glad you're ok b/c that story just made my day.

You know, I sent a copy of my tale to the Giro distributors along with my crashed helmet and they've never cashed the cheque...
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.

Thanks for the hilarious tale of a major misadventure! Glad you're pretty much OK and can at least have a good laugh over it!