Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Lightbulb Mass Red Ribbon Ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

For those who may be in the Berkshire County area (Massachusetts), and thinking of riding the Mass Red Ribbon Ride this year (Pittsfield to Boston), there will be a meeting on Tuesday, May 16th from 6-8 at the Crowne Plaza in Pittsfield. If you're interested and aren't able to ride, volunteers are always welcome!

Tell us more....

Cost?
    Registration?
    Who does this benefit??

thanks
    karen
    Quitting is NOT an option!
    Know the signs of stroke!! www.stroke.org

It is a 1 or 2 day event in August. Benefits AIDS/HIV organizations in MA. 1st day is 75 miles from Pittsfield mA to Northampton ma. next day is 100 miles. to Regis College in Weston. Here is the website.

https://secure2.convio.net/aac2/site...ename=homepage

This is the info from the Mass Red Ribbon Ride website:

General Ride Information
    The 175 mile ride across Massachusetts will take place on August 12-13, 2006

The Mass Red Ribbon Ride is a collaboration among AIDS organizations in Massachusetts to raise funds and awareness for HIV/AIDS.

Funds raised will be distributed among the beneficiary agencies providing a variety of services to those living with HIV/AIDS throughout the state.

Ride Overview

One day ride options include: 50, 75 or 100 mile routes; Join us for 1 OR 2 days!

Approximate daily mileage is 75 (Saturday, August 12) and 100 (Sunday, August 13).

All meals, pit stops, medical/tech support and group overnight accommodations are handled by the event producer, AIDS Action Committee.

Cost
    2 days, 175 miles = $1800 minimum, with raffle tickets awarded for every $100 raised over the minimum (prizes to be announced).
    1 day = number of miles x $10 (example: Day One, 75 miles = $750 minimum).

The meeting on the 16th is for those in the Berkshire County area who'd like to participate (riders/volunteers). A portion of the money raised will go to the HIV/AIDS program at the Berkshire County Red Cross. The agency who organizes this event is the AIDS Action Committee
    http://www.aac.org/site/PageServer

(Thanks to im4smiley for picking up the ball I dropped )

Hey no problem Nancielle, glad I could help. I am doing a report on Red Ribbon ride for my Business communications class "final" I was supposed to be working on my report but.. ..I was checking out the forums instead.