Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have a mountain bike wedge seat bag (bigger than the road ones, but still small). The rest is in my jersey pockets.

I carry a small fanny pack.(REI) Two pockets- outside one and larger one. has all kinds of little places to store stuff. I can get a lot in it if I need to including my glasses if I need to change from my contact lenses.
    Nancy

hi im new aswell welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven
    Some of you gals carry a huge ammount of stuff - - is this is on touring bikes with pannier bags? Or do you take a back pack? I take only what will fit in my jersey pockets, my bottle cage and under my seat - but then, i don't do endurance rides either...
    I have 3 bottle mounts, so can carry lots of liquids without a Camelbak.

I have a largish wedge under my seat.

I have also discovered I can hook a very small wedge that is intended for under the saddle, under the bars instead, right in front of the headset area. It fits right inside the cables and does not affect steering, braking, etc. I use it for my repair & first aid kits, so that I have extra room in the saddle-wedge, and so that I don't have to work around repair stuff when I'm digging in my saddle wedge for other stuff.

A few things go in my jersey pockets, and partially unwrapped foods go in my Bento Box for easy eating on the fly.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Everything lives...

...here in this seatbag. Looking pretty rough now (after 23 years of use!), but it shows no signs of wearing out. In it I have:
    -first aid kit: bandages, gauze, tape, scissors, alcohol wipes, antibiotic ointment, small mesh splint, Benadryl, Aspirin, emergency health +contact info.
    -repair kit: patches, cement, tire levers, chain breaker, spoke wrench, spare
    chain links, various nuts/bolts, hex wrenches, screwdrivers, rag.
    -Axiom mini-pump.
    -2 power bars.
    -change purse with money, ID, and emergency health/contact info.
    -car keys.
    Externally, one spare tube strapped to the seat post, and two bottle cages on the frame. (In cooler weather, I use one large water bottle, and use the other bottle cage to carry my rain jacket rolled up in a pouch).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seatbag 002.1.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	847  

The one thing I carry that hasn't been mentioned is a mini pen and small sheet of paper. I don't know how many times I've met someone and want to give them my e-mail. I also carry a couple of doses of my perscription medications, including asthma medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by hirakukibou
    The one thing I carry that hasn't been mentioned is a mini pen and small sheet of paper. I don't know how many times I've met someone and want to give them my e-mail. I also carry a couple of doses of my perscription medications, including asthma medicine.
    What a great idea. I'm putting a pen and paper in my kit today.

What a great list! Thanks everyone...I definitely picked up a few new items that I'm going to have to find room for now!

Having a pen along is not a bad idea but awhile ago I got the idea of making my own bicycle related "business cards" with include my email address and other contact info. That way if I get to chatting with someone, I got whip out my card and give it to them. Doesn't take much room at all.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

and some $$$$$$$$

So my bike is being shipped to my LBS

and I need to compile my list of everything else needed to be ready for the road. I'll be printing this thread for much needed information!!!!

Cell Phone?

I am always running late, so I need a cell phone to tell folks I'm on my way. I paln to store the number of a taxi service, cuz I ride in some areas in the city that are some distance from bus routes.

Quote Originally Posted by plantluvver
    I am always running late, so I need a cell phone to tell folks I'm on my way. I paln to store the number of a taxi service, cuz I ride in some areas in the city that are some distance from bus routes.
    Absolutely. I always have my cell clipped to my cycling shorts/tights, in a pouch with a slim credit-card size digital camera (for those Kodak moments ), and an iPod around my neck. One day I'll get with the 21st century and get a cell phone with a camera built in. Right after I get indoor plumbing.

I'm a real fan of Camelbak so storage is not an issue. I don't like large seatbags on my bike. They can interfere with pedal stroke. I do have large Bento Bag which is perfect for my camera or cell and keys.

Also, if you have an extra water bottle cage, you can use a empty bottle (with a large mouth) for storage. It's a great place to keep your extra tube, tire irons, patches and bandaids, cleaning cloth, etc. Just make sure its packed so the stuff inside doesn't rattle and drive you crazy.
    BCIpam - Nature Girl

Really popoki? You ride while listening to your ipod? That just seems so dangerous to me, not being able to hear oncoming cars or maybe others on bikes trying to pass you.