Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Rode to work CLIPLESS!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ventured out for a "real" ride today, first time with the Speedplay Frogs. Did my commute to work at a nice slow pace, just in case. Clipped out well in advance of any potential stops. Walked across streets on the goofiest intersection I have to deal with, rather than doing my usual bold takeover of the left hand lane, then taking over the left turn lane at the light.

My downhill ride to work was 3 minutes slower than average, due to all that cautious behaviour, I'm guessing.

My uphill ride home, however, was 3 minutes FASTER than average. I'm thinking it must've been a big advantage being able to pull up on the pedals as I climbed, cuz I was just as cautious on the way home.

I'm becoming quite fond of my Froggies!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Hey, look at you! It is a subtle but powerful difference. I've found doing the higher cadence much easier with clipless. My knees are happier too.

Did you sign up for the Group Health Commuter Challenge?

Knotted, as Faire-goers would say...

HIP HIP HUZZAH!

Mel

I love the power I get from clipping in to ride. I'm not at all surprised you went 3 min faster riding uphill at the end of the day!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Yay! Another hurdle hurtled!

Q: nope, I haven't even looked into the Group Health thing yet. I'll have to do that.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Knotted!!

You'll have to change your sig line here pretty soon - coz you won't be the weakest component much longer you keep this up!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"