Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Last Friday's rides

To disable ads, please log-in.

Since all of you were so helpful with my potluck problem, I thought I'd better let you know how the dinner/rest of the day went.

When someone (I forget who, and I'm on a roll now, and don't want to look it up) suggested her spinach salad, DH & I looked at each other and said "Duh, our spinach salad! How dumb can we get? Brownies, too. Good idea."

So bright & early Friday morning, we took off on our bikes to the supermarket to get our missing ingredients. Well, early, but not terribly bright. It was raining.

Less than a mile into the ride, my back tire went "Bang!" so, not enjoying fixing flats in the rain, we walked the bikes to a nearby LBS. I was all for changing out the tire, as it had 3500 miles on it and had just gone "Bang!" but they had nothing I could use. So I allowed the nice young man to just fix the flat so we could go on our way.

Off we went, dripped through the store making our purchases, splashed home (did I mention the rain?) then fixed brownies & did the prep work on the salad.

Suddenly I was hit with an overwhelming urge to finish the rain pants I had started sewing, um, quite some while ago.

That evening, when the rain had stopped, our daughter offered us the use of the car, but as it had stopped raining and she had to go set up for a fencing tournament on Sat. morning, we told her to take the car, we'll be fine.

The rain started again.

The rain pants work.

The spinach salad disappeared quickly, as did the brownies. (Success!) Actually, the brownies paired very nicely with a fruit soup and whipped cream that someone else brought.

The beer flowed like water - as did the rain.

All in all a successful evening.

Monday, I had things to go and places to do on the bike, but the tire went "Bang!" again just as I pumped it up. That tire is now wherever the garbage man takes dead tires, and I have the new tire I wanted all along.

Life is good...
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Sweet story! Good thing you threw the tire away, so you wouldn't be two tired to ride...

Oh, I have to be two tired to ride. I don't do the unicycle thing.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Very punny, you two!
    Bad JuJu: Team TE Bianchista
    "The road to hell is paved with works-in-progress." -Roth
    Read my blog: Works in Progress